Licensing (Patents, Royalties, …) News
TiVo Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2019 Financial Results
Jul 31, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2019. According to the company, 55 of its 56 North American MSO customers are now deploying the TiVo User Experience 4, with the Android TV-based IPTV version continuing to expand.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Patent, Results, Set Top Box, UX
Favourable ruling for TiVo at the ITC
Jun 4, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has received a favorable determination at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that Comcast's X1 platform infringes Rovi’s patents. This is the second favorable ITC determination the Company has received from the ITC.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
May 21, 2019 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to LG Electronics, allowing LG to produce products based on the standard. The MPEG-H Audio system is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, LG Electronics, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
TiVo to separate Product and IP Licensing businesses
May 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has approved a plan to separate its Product and IP Licensing businesses. TiVo intends to spin out its Product business to shareholders and the company will continue to be open to strategic transactions for each business.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Raghu Rau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Patent, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Sisvel to provide patent pool for DVB-SIS
Apr 23, 2019 – DVB has announced that the companies that took part in its process to create a licensing program for patents essential to DVB-SIS have chosen Sisvel to manage the formation of the patent pool.
News categories: DVB Project, Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sisvel launches Video Coding Licensing Platform
Mar 27, 2019 – Sisvel has announced the launch of its Video Coding Licensing Platform, a patent licensing platform including two new joint patent licensing programs offering licenses under patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 specifications.
News categories: Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
Jan 18, 2019 – Velos Media has announced that BlackBerry has joined the platform and will make its entire portfolio of standard-essential HEVC patents available for license through the Velos Media marketplace.
News categories: Velos Media, BlackBerry, Fred Telecky, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Mediacom extends licensing agreement with TiVo
Apr 10, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has renewed its product and patent portfolio license agreement with Mediacom. The extension provides Mediacom with access to products including the TiVo Gateway DVR, TiVo Mini, classic guides, analytics and IP.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Mediacom, Michael Hawkey, John Pascarelli, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Licensing, Set Top Box, USA, UX
HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
Mar 14, 2018 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has eliminated 'subscription' and 'title-by-title' content distribution from the HEVC Advance Patent License in an effort to further accelerate HEVC adoption and support distributors to bring the best video experience to consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event