LNB (Low-Noise Block), ODU (OutDoor Unit) News
MaxLinear Ku-band downconverter IC selected by MTI for Sky Q wideband LNBs
Sep 20, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that a chip in its MxL80x RF downconverter family has been selected by Microelectronics Technology Inc. (MTI) for a new wideband LNB that will ship to customers of Sky UK to enable its innovative Sky Q services.
News categories: MaxLinear, Microelectronics Technology Inc., Will Torgerson, Eugene Wu, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, UK
MaxLinear and Gospell deliver multi-tuner LNB solution for satellite
Sep 18, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a reference design with Gospell Digital Technology. The platform combines MaxLinear’s MxL80x satellite RF downconverter and MxL862 digital channel stacking switch (dCSS) ICs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Gospell Digital Technology, Will Torgerson, Zhao Mulin, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear channel stacking IC powers SELFSAT flat satellite antenna
Jun 6, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL862 Full-Spectrum Capture (FSC) digital channel stacking switch (dCSS) SoC has been selected for the SELFSAT–H21DCSS, the industry’s first dCSS flat satellite antenna.
News categories: MaxLinear, I DO IT, Will Torgerson, Seung Joon Im, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear satellite receiver and channel stacking ICs in Sky Q STB
Jan 5, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that it is shipping its MxL5x2 Full-Spectrum Capture satellite front-end receiver in the new Sky Q set-top box, announced by Sky. Sky Q is Sky’s next-generation home entertainment service, available in early 2016.
News categories: MaxLinear, Sky, Will Torgerson, Andrew Olson, Digital TV, Ireland, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UK
Broadcom powers D-Smart Digital Channel Stacker
Sep 24, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that D-Smart has started volume production of a Digital Channel Stacker based on Broadcom's satellite Out Door Unit (ODU) chip. Broadcom's BCM4554 supports up to 32 set-top boxes on a single coaxial cable.
News categories: Broadcom, D-Smart, Nicholas Dunn, Erdogan Simsek, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Turkey, Worldwide
MaxLinear announces Second Quarter 2015 results
Aug 10, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 - the first quarterly results reflecting contribution from the acquisition of Entropic. Net revenue for the second quarter was $70.8 million.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kishore Seendripu, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Inverto adds new devices to its Unicable2 product range
Jul 1, 2015 – INVERTO has announced programmable LNB and Multiswitch products enabling installations with up to 32 satellite receivers connected over a single coax cable.
News categories: INVERTO, Gil Laifer, Yannick Laperche, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Smart Home, Worldwide
Prodea shows home connected with Eutelsat SmartLNB
Apr 13, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Prodea Systems have unveiled a way for service providers to offer connected TV services to consumers, in Eutelsat’s satellite footprint, using Eutelsat's 'smartLNB' and Prodea's ROS managed services delivery platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, Prodea Systems, Antonio Arcidiacono, Anousheh Ansari, Content Distribution, LNB, NABShow, Satellite, Smart Home, Worldwide
iWedia provides SAT>IP software for Unitron multiswitch
Feb 24, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has provided its SAT>IP server software to Belgian digital TV headend manufacturer UnitronGroup for integration within its new Johansson 9830 multiswitch.
News categories: iWedia, Unitron, Hervé Creff, Stephen Deleu, Digital TV, Europe, Gateway, LNB, Middleware, Satellite, Smart Home
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding