MnA (M&A – Mergers and Acquisitions) News
Atlantic Broadband acquires Thames Valley Communications
Jan 10, 2020 – Atlantic Broadband has signed an agreement to purchase Thames Valley Communications, a broadband services company operating in Southeastern Connecticut. Upon closing, Atlantic Broadband will add approximately 10,000 customers to its operations.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, Thames Valley Communications, Frank van der Post, Bill Pearson, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, USA
Tremor International acquires News Corp's Unruly
Jan 6, 2020 – Tremor International (AIM: TRMR) has reached an agreement with News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) to acquire Unruly, News Corp's programmatic video marketplace. The deal marks the start of a three-year partnership with News Corp.
News categories: Tremor, News Corp, Unruly, Ofer Druker, Rebekah Brooks, Robert Thomson, Norm Johnston, Advertising, Big Data, MnA, Worldwide
Net Insight divests Sye business to Amazon
Jan 3, 2020 – Net Insight has closed the transaction to divest Sye, its consumer streaming business, to Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) for approximately SEK 350 million in cash. The Sye technology solves fundamental issues for B2C streaming distribution.
News categories: Net Insight, Amazon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
Cadent acquires 4INFO
Jan 2, 2020 – Cadent has announced the acquisition of 4INFO to expand its cross-screen solutions for U.S. national advertisers. 4INFO's data activation platform incorporates patented audience graph technology that resolves multiple TV devices back to a household.
News categories: Cadent, 4INFO, Nick Troiano, Tom Cox, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Vidéotron acquires Cable Amos
Dec 23, 2019 – Vidéotron has agreed to acquire Télédistribution Amos (Cable Amos) and its network. The Québec telecom leader expects that residents living in Cable Amos’ service area will be able to join its subscriber family in the coming months.
News categories: Videotron, Cable Amos, Jean-François Pruneau, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA
Xperi and TiVo to combine in all-stock transaction
Dec 19, 2019 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine to create a consumer and entertainment technology business with one of the industry’s largest intellectual property (IP) licensing platforms.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Xperi Corp, David Shull, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, MnA, Mobile, Patent, Silicon IP, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Rubicon Project and Telaria agree to combine
Dec 19, 2019 – Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI) and Telaria (NYSE: TLRA) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine in a stock-for-stock merger. The transaction will create the world's largest independent sell-side advertising platform, poised to capture growth in CTV.
News categories: Telaria, Rubicon Project, Mark Zagorski, Michael Barrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Liberty Global abandons attempt to combine UPC Switzerland with Sunrise
Dec 17, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has terminated discussions regarding the combination of UPC Switzerland and Sunrise Communications. The deal was initially announced on February 27, 2019.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
Nov 13, 2019 – Liberty Global has received a notification of termination from Sunrise Communications regarding the amended Share Purchase Agreement concerning UPC Switzerland. The agreement provides for Sunrise to pay a CHF 50 million termination fee.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Severina Pascu, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA