MnA (M&A – Mergers and Acquisitions) News
Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
Feb 13, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that it agreed to acquire the online video platform (OVP) business of Ooyala. Brightcove intends to take on all customer, reseller, and partner relationships utilized by Ooyala’s OVP business globally.
News categories: Brightcove, Ooyala, Jeff Ray, Jonathan Huberman, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
Feb 11, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) and eero have announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Amazon will acquire eero. eero’s home mesh WiFi systems set up in minutes and blanket every room of a customer’s home in high-performing, reliable WiFi.
News categories: Amazon, eero, Dave Limp, Nick Weaver, MnA, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
SeaChange acquires Xstream
Feb 11, 2019 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that it has acquired privately-held Xstream A/S. SeaChange paid $4.6 million in cash and 541,738 shares of SeaChange common stock, for a total transaction value as of February 6, 2019 of $5.5 million.
News categories: SeaChange, Xstream, Ed Terino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Technicolor receives offer for its Research & Innovation activity from InterDigital
Feb 11, 2019 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it has received a binding offer and entered into exclusive negotiations with InterDigital (NASDAQ : IDCC) for the sale of its Research & Innovation activity. InterDigital acquired Technicolor's Patent Licensing business in 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, InterDigital, Frederic Rose, Big Data, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sunrise discussing possible UPC Schweiz acquisition with Liberty Global
Feb 5, 2019 – Sunrise Communications has noted recent media and market speculation regarding a potential transaction with UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global. Sunrise confirms it is in discussions regarding a possible acquisition.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, UPC, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Taptica to acquire RhythmOne for $176m
Feb 4, 2019 – Taptica has announced the acquisition of RhythmOne for $176m in an all-stock deal. RhythmOne provides cross-screen solutions focused on connected TV. RhythmOne will be combined with Tremor Video DSP, which Taptica acquired in August 2017.
News categories: Taptica, RhythmOne, Ofer Druker, Eric Singer, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
América Móvil to buy Telefónica Guatemala and Telefónica El Salvador
Jan 24, 2019 – Telefónica has announced that Telefonica Centroamérica Inversiones has reached an agreement with América Móvil for the sale of the entire share capital of Telefónica Guatemala and 99.3% of Telefónica El Salvador.
News categories: Telefónica, América Móvil, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, MnA
Viacom agrees to acquire Pluto TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pluto TV, the leading free streaming television service in the U.S., for $340 million in cash.
News categories: Viacom, Pluto TV, Bob Bakish, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Liberty Latin America terminates discussions with Millicom
Jan 22, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has terminated conversations with Millicom International Cellular regarding a potential transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Satellite
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019