Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 18,000 in 3Q 2017
Oct 19, 2017 – Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported results for the third quarter of 2017. In the quarter, Verizon lost a net 18,000 Fios Video subscribers to end the period with 4.648 million video connections.
News categories: Verizon, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
IC Insights raises 2017 IC market forecast to +22%
Oct 18, 2017 – IC Insights has raised its IC market growth rate forecast for 2017 to 22%, up six percentage points from the 16% increase shown in its Mid-Year Update. The IC unit volume shipment growth rate forecast has also been increased from 11% to 14%.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide device shipments to increase 2.0% in 2018
Oct 17, 2017 – Worldwide shipments of PCs, tablets and smartphones are predicted to exceed 2.35 billion units in 2018, an increase of 2.0 percent from 2017, according to Gartner. This would be the highest year-over-year growth since 2015.
News categories: Gartner, Ranjit Atwal, Hardware, Market Research, Worldwide
US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining
Oct 16, 2017 – A white paper by IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) has revealed that scripted TV production in the US — excluding online content — declined in 2016, largely due to lower origination by the cable networks.
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
Asia Pacific AVOD to top North America by 2021
Oct 16, 2017 – AVOD expenditure will double between 2017 and 2022 to reach $29 billion for 138 countries, according to Digital TV Research. Asia Pacific will overtake North America as the leading AVOD region in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
2.8 million SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries in Q2 2017
Oct 13, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries reached 2.8 million at a quarter on quarter rate of 89%, compared to 1.5 million in the second quarter of 2016. India is by far the biggest SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Myanmar, Nepal, OTT, Pakistan, Subscribers, The Maldives
BARC India to measure TV viewing using DEN Networks return path data
Oct 13, 2017 – TV viewership measurement in India is set to get a boost. BARC India has partnered with cable distribution giant DEN Networks for measuring TV viewership using Return Path Data (RPD) via its digital set top boxes (STBs).
News categories: BARC India, DEN Networks, Romil Ramgarhia, SN Sharma, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box
Worldwide semiconductor revenue to reach $411 billion in 2017
Oct 12, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to total $411.1 billion in 2017, an increase of 19.7% from 2016, according to Gartner. This represents the strongest growth since the 2010 recovery from the financial crisis when revenue increased by 31.8%.
News categories: Gartner, Jon Erensen, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
fuboTV passes 100k subscribers
Oct 10, 2017 – fuboTV has passed the 100,000 subscriber milestone. Originally launching in January 2015 as a streaming soccer destination, fuboTV has built a new over-the-top (OTT) live service that offers fans the most sports for the least money.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
- CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
- Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 18,000 in 3Q 2017
- Eurofins Digital Testing acquires U.S.-based My Eye Media
- Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
- Brazilian antitrust authority approves AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
- IC Insights raises 2017 IC market forecast to +22%
- Nielsen launches SVOD content ratings
- Optic Communications launches pay TV with Espial
- Encoding.com launches first video QC service in the cloud
- Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
- Touchstream debuts live OTT stream content availability monitoring
- true[X] and Innovid partner to bring Engagement Ads to living room devices
- MCTV launches IPTV services with Espial
- Worldwide device shipments to increase 2.0% in 2018
- Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
- Czech HbbTV adopts header bidding solution from R2B2
- Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
- Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
- INSIGHT TV joins Amazon Channels line-up in UK and Germany
- US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining