Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
May 28, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, global pay TV revenues peaked in 2016 at $202 billion. Revenues will fall to $150 billion in 2025 - despite the number of pay TV subscribers rising by 35 million between 2019 and 2025.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
May 27, 2020 – In newly released analysis, Mediavision concludes that Nordic households now spend on average EUR 149 per month on media and access services. Operators such as Telia, Telenor and TDC account for a majority of that spend.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
May 27, 2020 – SES has revealed the results of its first TV market reception survey in the Philippines. Satellite TV (17%) is the second-most popular mode of TV reception, behind terrestrial TV (66%) but ahead of cable TV (15%) and IPTV (2%).
News categories: SES S.A, Yew Weng Soo, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines
Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
May 26, 2020 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) finds that since the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, 53% of adults ages 18 and above in U.S. TV households agree that they now spend more time watching TV per day, while 16% disagree.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
May 26, 2020 – As millions of Americans have adjusted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, research from Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) shows that engagement with streaming services and year-over-year in-home data usage surged in the beginning of May 2020.
News categories: Comscore, Apps, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
May 22, 2020 – Data from Roy Morgan shows Disney+ continuing its stellar growth with over 2 million Australians now viewing the subscription TV service after only four months. It took Netflix six months from launch to attract the same number.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
May 21, 2020 – According to TrendForce, global TV shipments are expected to undergo a 5.8% decrease YoY and reach 205.21 million units in 2020. In the shrinking TV market, brands are vying for business growth by demonstrating their technical superiority.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nordic video markets riding high
May 21, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, not only are consumers in the Nordic region subscribing to multiple SVoD services, but they are also driving a return to growth for the transactional video market.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
May 19, 2020 – New research from Parks Associates finds 67% of US broadband households own and use at least one internet-connected video device, either a smart TV, streaming media player, internet-connected gaming console, or connected PVR/DVR.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020