Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Quality of OTT video streaming experience directly tied to viewer loyalty
Jun 21, 2017 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) have released research demonstrating how quality of video resolution and playback affects viewers' engagement with and loyalty to over-the-top (OTT) video streaming services.
News categories: Akamai, Ian Munford, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
Jun 21, 2017 – The video and TV market is changing, but not as fast as many people are suggesting. In a new report, Strategy Analytics predicts that annual spending on subscription video and TV services in the US will peak at $130.3B in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
EBU urges EU policy makers to set out clear privacy rules for audience measurement
Jun 21, 2017 – As the European Parliament examines future ePrivacy Regulation, the EBU has expressed concern at potential restrictions on the ability of third parties to gather audience measurement data on behalf of broadcasters.
News categories: EBU, Big Data, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Regulation
UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
Jun 21, 2017 – The combined revenues of the 100 largest media and entertainment companies in the UK increased to a new record of £96.3bn in the last financial year, according to Deloitte. TV Production and Distribution was the most profitable sub-sector.
News categories: Deloitte, Dan Ison, Paul Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
Jun 19, 2017 – A study by regional pay-TV industry group CASBAA shows that overall access to multi-channel video services of all kinds in Taiwan is being bolstered by a mobile video market now accounting for 92% of all individuals.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Christopher Slaughter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT, Taiwan
Global pay TV revenues climb by $32 billion
Jun 19, 2017 – Pay TV revenues for 138 countries increased by $32 billion between 2010 and 2016 to reach $202 billion. However, only $1.23 billion was added in 2016, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
12 million 4K TVs sold in Europe in 2016
Jun 15, 2017 – According to Dataxis, nearly 12 million of 4K TV were sold in Europe during the year 2016, which represents a growth of 102% in comparison for the year 2015. The sales were driven by the U.K, Germany, France, Russia and Italy.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Smart TV
Korean brands maintain top TV set share worldwide
Jun 14, 2017 – Worldwide TV shipments fell slightly more than expected in the first quarter of 2017, declining 4.7 percent to 46.7 million units as slowing price erosion led to a weakening consumer demand according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
IoT spending to approach $1.4 trillion in 2021
Jun 14, 2017 – IDC expects worldwide spending on the Internet of Things (IoT) to grow 16.7% year over year in 2017, reaching just over $800 billion. By 2021, global IoT spending is expected to total nearly $1.4 trillion.
News categories: IDC, Carrie MacGillivray, Ashutosh Bisht, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- GroupM revises 2017 UK advertising growth forecast down to 4.1% from 7%
- PeerLogix Partners with Neustar to propel OTT audience segmentation
- KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
- Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
- Quality of OTT video streaming experience directly tied to viewer loyalty
- Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
- Blue Ridge Communications prepares for OTT video with SeaChange
- EBU urges EU policy makers to set out clear privacy rules for audience measurement
- Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
- UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
- Freeview Play updates UX with launch of Freeview Explore
- Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
- Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
- Time Warner to develop and produce Shows for Snapchat
- Samba TV raises $30 million in growth capital
- Zenith renews TV ratings agreement with Nielsen
- Adobe announces Adobe Advertising Cloud TV
- OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
- Net Insight and Ericsson together offer end-to-end media contribution
- Global pay TV revenues climb by $32 billion