Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
Mar 19, 2018 – The number of digital pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe will increase from 25.49 million in 2010 to 61.57 million in 2017 and onto 78.08 million by 2023, according to a new Digital TV Research report.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
Mar 18, 2018 – Tencent Video has announced its paid subscriptions reached 62.59 million as of the end of February 2018, which further enhanced its leading position as the largest online video platform in China.
News categories: Tencent, Thirty Sun, China, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
Mar 15, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, the percentage of U.S. broadband households that use digital antennas in their home has steadily increased to reach 20% near the end of 2017, up from 16% in early 2015.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Terrestrial, USA
Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Subscription losses slowed for traditional multichannel video providers in Q4 2017, but the sector still tumbled for the full year, according to data compiled by Kagan, a group within S&P Global Market Intelligence.
News categories: Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Canada’s publicly traded television service providers combined lost almost 20% fewer TV subscribers in 2017 compared to 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Live TV viewing has continued to decline among U.S. broadband households
Mar 14, 2018 – TV-viewing research from Parks Associates finds that live TV viewing among all video consumption has continued to decline overall among U.S. broadband households—nearly 60% of video viewed on the TV is on-demand, non-linear content.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
VOD and SVOD services take root in France
Mar 13, 2018 – According to Médiamétrie, almost 2 out of 5 French internet users have already used VOD or SVOD services, a steady increase. Over the last 12 months, 13% of the population indicated they had rented at least one video, and 20% have used an SVOD service.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
Pay TV subscribers at major US providers down ~1,495,000 in 2017
Mar 12, 2018 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the US lost about 1,495,000 net video subscribers in 2017, compared to a pro forma loss of about 760,000 subscribers in 2016.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US pay TV revenues to fall by $27 billion
Mar 12, 2018 – US pay TV revenues peaked in 2015, at $101.71 billion, according to Digital TV Research. A $26.58 billion decline (26%) is forecast between 2015 and 2023 to take the total down to $75.13 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
- Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
- U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
- SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
- ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
- Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
- TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
- Live TV viewing has continued to decline among U.S. broadband households
- Marketing Evolution adds Smart TV data from Inscape
- HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
- NAGRA’s NexGuard watermarking passes ChinaDRM certification
- Citizens Fiber upgrades UX with MobiTV Connect
- VOD and SVOD services take root in France
- Vestel and Vewd add newest HbbTV standard to smart TV partnership