Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
May 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, pay TV in the European ex-USSR region will grow at a 1.6% CAGR between 2017 and 2023 to reach 59.7 million subscribers. The Russian market represents 80% of the total today and its share should remain stable until the end of the period.
News categories: Dataxis, Baltics, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
May 23, 2018 – For media companies who have yet to adopt a data-centric and mobile-first approach to connecting with ever-elusive audiences, Ooyala offers a wake-up call via its new State of the Media Industry 2018 report.
News categories: Ooyala, Belsasar Lepe, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Worldwide
Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
May 22, 2018 – Customer satisfaction with video streaming services in the U.S. far eclipses that of subscription TV, according to an ACSI customer satisfaction report. In the report video streaming services had a score of 75, way above subscription TV’s score of 62.
News categories: American Customer Satisfaction Index, David VanAmburg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA, UX
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
U.S. legacy multichannel subscriptions remain under pressure
May 17, 2018 – Traditional multichannel video losses in the first quarter of 2018 showed modest improvement over the same period in 2017, but the magnitude of the decline remains elevated, according to Kagan, a research group within S&P Global Market Intelligence.
News categories: S&P Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~305,000 subscribers in 1Q 2018
May 17, 2018 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 95% of the market – lost about 305,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2018, compared to a pro forma loss of about 515,000 subscribers in 1Q 2017.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Amazon dominates U.S. Direct-to-Consumer TV network subscriptions
May 16, 2018 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), Amazon Prime Channels accounts for more than half of all direct-to-consumer subscriptions. Its dominance is especially prominent among premium DTC apps including HBO, Showtime, and Starz.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Netflix to reach 201 million subscribers by 2023
May 16, 2018 – Digital TV Research has forecast that Netflix will have 201 million streaming subscribers by 2023, up by 82% from 111 million at end-2017. About 28 million subscribers will be added in 2018 – making it the largest growth year ever.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers, UK, USA
LG Display retains large display area shipments lead in 1Q 2018
May 15, 2018 – Despite the low seasonality factor and brands turning their focus away from volume growth, the demand for large display panels showed better-than-expected results in the first quarter of 2018, albeit still weak, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms
- 60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
- MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
- Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
- HiNet selects Anevia software to add further CDN capacity
- IAB Tech Lab proposes Data Transparency Framework for digital advertising
- AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
- Comcast considering superior all-cash offer to acquire 21st Century Fox
- QSC and Zattoo create white label triple play solution for municipal utilities
- SES showcases its first broadcast of 8K television
- Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
- Tremor Video DSP and Cuebiq partner for geo-behavioral targeting on connected TV
- XUMO viewing data added to Nielsen's Digital Content Ratings
- Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
- Tunity launches analytics division to measure OOH TV audience
- ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
- Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
- Brightcove launches OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
- More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
- Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development