Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
Feb 23, 2017 – CCS Insight's latest forecast for VR and AR devices reflects the relatively slow start to this nascent market. However, CCS Insight continues to believe the segment holds great potential and can deliver healthy growth over the next five years and beyond.
News categories: CCS Insight, Ben Wood, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
Feb 23, 2017 – Growing preference for OTT content is catalyzing demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs. The market is now ready to match consumer expectations by offering seamless accessibility to on-demand content through a new generation of devices.
News categories: Frost and Sullivan, Avni Rambhia, V Aravindh, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DISH Network adds 28,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
Feb 22, 2017 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending Dec. 31, 2016. In the fourth quarter, net Pay-TV subscribers increased by 28,000, compared with a loss of 12,000 in the same quarter of 2015.
News categories: DISH Network, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Google dominates VR headset shipments
Feb 21, 2017 – 2016 saw the launch of multiple new VR platforms. Strategy Analytics estimates that over 30 million VR headsets shipped, split between 6 major competing VR platforms in an increasingly fragmented landscape.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David MacQueen, Cliff Raskind, Market Research, MWC17, VR, Worldwide
Australian sales of VR headsets exceed 200,000 units in 2016
Feb 21, 2017 – Sales of virtual reality headsets are off to a strong start in Australia with more than 200,000 units sold in 2016 with mobile VR taking around 70 per cent share of units sold, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Market Research, VR
Ericsson and Vodafone study user reactions to broadband delays
Feb 21, 2017 – In a research project, Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) and Vodafone Germany have used neuroscience to understand what mobile broadband subscribers really think about poor network performance.
News categories: Ericsson, Vodafone, Bradley Mead, Guido Weißbrich, Broadband, Germany, Market Research, MWC17, UX, Worldwide
Eutelsat now carrying more than 1000 HD channels
Feb 20, 2017 – High Definition TV continues to gain ground across the broadcast satellites operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) with the 240 HD channels launched in 2016 equalling the total number launched during the previous two years.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Smart Home automation & monitoring devices to exceed 770m by 2021
Feb 20, 2017 – A report from Juniper Research forecasts that smart home automation and monitoring devices will grow to over 770 million globally by 2021, representing an eleven-fold rise from just 68 million estimated in 2016.
News categories: Juniper Research, Sam Barker, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
BARB awards Dovetail Fusion contract to Kantar Media
Feb 17, 2017 – BARB has announced that the Dovetail Fusion contract has been awarded to Kantar Media. Dovetail Fusion allows customers to evaluate the total reach of programmes and advertising campaigns across TV sets, personal computers and tablets.
News categories: Kantar Media, BARB, Margo Swadley, Justin Sampson, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, UK
- NEOTION and Verimatrix collaborate to secure the smart home
- VimpelCom becomes VEON and launches OTT platform
- Frontier to test 4K Ultra HD content on SES platform
- NEOTION shows smart home solution with Climax sensors at MWC17
- Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
- Netgem shows smart home at MWC17; Invests in Voxtok
- UK consults on illicit IPTV streaming device regulation
- Gracenote unveils entertainment data products for video, music and sports
- Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
- OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
- New Zealand Commerce Commission blocks Vodafone/Sky merger
- Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
- Nokia and AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
- KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
- DISH Network adds 28,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
- Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
- MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
- Tru Optik and LiveRamp make first-party data actionable across connected TVs
- Viaplay selects Unified Streaming to optimize Scandinavian viewer experience
- Google dominates VR headset shipments