Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
69% of U.S. TV households have a connected TV
Apr 27, 2017 – According to Leichtman Research, 69% of US TV households have at least one television set connected to the internet via a smart TV set, a stand-alone device, a video game system, and/or a Blu-ray player.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
Apr 27, 2017 – The rise of streaming is being driven largely by the increase of streaming to the TV set, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD study released to clients last week.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast video subscribers up 42,000 in 1Q 2017
Apr 27, 2017 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2017. Total video customer net additions were 42,000 and total high-speed Internet customer net additions were 429,000.
News categories: Comcast, Brian L. Roberts, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
AT&T linear down 233k; DTVLA up 91k video subs in 1Q 2017
Apr 25, 2017 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced results for the first quarter of 2017. Total U.S. linear video subscribers were down 233,000 in the quarter. DIRECTV Latin America first-quarter subscriber net adds were 91,000.
News categories: AT&T, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
Apr 25, 2017 – Viu has announced that it hit 6 million monthly active users (MAU) across its markets in March this year, up 50% on November 2016. Viu is now available in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt and Bahrain.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, OTT, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Subscribers, UAE
Cord Cutters, Cord Nevers have different tastes in programming
Apr 24, 2017 – Though they share one thing – the lack of a traditional paid cable or satellite TV subscription – Cord Cutters and Cord Nevers in the US differ in a host of ways, including their tastes in streaming video platforms and shows.
News categories: GfK, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
32% of free OTT trials result in a paid subscription
Apr 24, 2017 – Nearly one-third of OTT free trials convert to a paid subscription, according to connected entertainment research from Parks Associates.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, USA
Entertainment TV is innovating in order to conquer audiences
Apr 24, 2017 – Médiamétrie has releases the main findings from its latest issue of the Entertainment Report, which studied 37,058 hours of entertainment on 89 channels in 11 countries.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Europe, Market Research, Worldwide
55% drop in consumers who prefer to watch TV shows on TV sets
Apr 24, 2017 – Signaling an accelerating shift in the digital video market consumer behavior, the percentage of consumers who prefer watching TV shows on television sets plummeted by 55% over the past year, from 52% to 23%, according to Accenture (NYSE: ACN).
News categories: Accenture, Gavin Mann, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Creonic launches additional DVB-S2X IP cores
- 69% of U.S. TV households have a connected TV
- Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
- Malaysia's tonton OTT to be available through Singtel
- Comcast video subscribers up 42,000 in 1Q 2017
- Kinnevik acquires 18.5% in Com Hem
- Totalplay selects ATEME virtual encoding for its converged headend
- Sky's OTT service, NOW TV, launches in Ireland
- PLDT announces next generation TVolution streaming box
- AT&T linear down 233k; DTVLA up 91k video subs in 1Q 2017
- FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
- Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
- Samsung employees show experimental hands-free VR interface
- Channel 4 launches world's first audio personalised TV ads
- SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
- Eutelsat running antenna seeding programme across the Americas
- Paywizard integrates with Cisco's Infinite Video Platform
- ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
- RTÉ to develop next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
- Cincinnati Bell takes multiscreen OTT security from Verimatrix