Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
Mar 18, 2019 – Asia Pacific OTT TV episode and movie revenues will reach $48 billion in 2024; up from the $21 billion recorded in 2018. According to Digital TV Research, the total will increase by $5 billion in 2019 alone.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
Mar 14, 2019 – Competitive video gaming is a rapidly growing, multibillion-dollar industry. Esports ad revenues are poised to surpass $200 million by next year, according to eMarketer’s first forecast on esports and gaming revenues.
News categories: eMarketer, Paul Verna, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
Mar 14, 2019 – The latest FTTH Market Panorama prepared by IDATE has been released. The number of FTTH and FTTB subscribers in Europe has increased by 15.7% in the EU39 since September 2017 with more than 59.6 million FTTH/B subscribers in September 2018.
News categories: FTTH Council, Ronan Kelly, Europe, Fibre, Subscribers, Worldwide
TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
Mar 13, 2019 – New research from The Diffusion Group (TDG) finds that Disney’s upcoming direct-to-consumer (DTC) subscription service, Disney+, will likely to see solid interest — assuming it comes to market at the right price.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
U.S. multichannel video losses nearly 4 million in 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – According to Kagan, U.S. cable, satellite and telecom multichannel sectors lost nearly 1.1 million subscriptions in the fourth quarter, which pushed the full-year decline to 4 million. DBS services accounted for more than half of the annual loss.
News categories: S&P Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Intel passes Samsung in semiconductor sales in 4Q 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – The declining market for semiconductors used in mobile handsets and enterprise servers has led to a realignment in the company market-share ranking for semiconductor manufacturers, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
IPTV drives Asia’s pay TV growth
Mar 11, 2019 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific pay TV sector is vibrant, with both subscribers and revenues expected to rise over the next five years. However, the numbers are lower than previously forecast, mainly due to cable subscribers in China converting to OTT.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Prices drop below cost for some TV panel sizes
Mar 8, 2019 – According to WitsView, prices have recently dropped below cash costs for some TV panel sizes. As prices are expected to near rock bottom and drop no further, demand of TV brands shall see a gradual return, causing small and medium-sized TV panel prices to rebound in March.
News categories: WitsView, Jeff Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Intel expected to recapture #1 semi supplier ranking in 2019
Mar 7, 2019 – According to IC Insights, for 2019, a steep drop in the memory market is forecast to pull the semiconductor market down by 7%. Although Intel’s semiconductor sales are expected to be relatively flat, the company is poised to regain the number 1 ranking this year.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- 29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
- Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance to debut at NAB Show 2019
- Cablecolor partners with moTV for hybrid TV in Honduras
- Global theatrical and home entertainment market at $96.8bn in 2018
- 24i Media acquires StreamOne
- Tencent Video subscriptions up 58% to 89 million at end-2018
- TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
- Local online video actors particularly strong in the Nordics
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019