Mexico (México) Digital TV News
Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Televisa will expand its existing TV CDN, adding more capacity and new time-shift features to its service. The time-shift capabilities will enable viewers to pause and rewind up to three hours of TV.
News categories: Edgeware, Televisa, Karl Thedéen, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
AT&T US down 297k; Vrio down 73k video subs in 3Q 2018
Oct 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 297,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscriber additions partially offset linear video declines. For Vrio, gains in Brazil were offset by losses in other regions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Ultravision deploys Conax Go Live multiscreen solution in Mexico
Oct 17, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of a secure multiscreen solution with pay-TV operator Ultravision, part of the Ultra Telecom group, in Mexico. The solution marks the first cloud deployment of Conax GO Live in Mexico.
News categories: NAGRA, Ultravision, Tom Wirth, Patricio Zorrilla, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Multiscreen, OTT
Ultravision to launch IPTV multiscreen in Mexico with Broadpeak
Oct 9, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that Ultravision, a leading pay-TV operator in Mexico, has selected Broadpeak to power its new IPTV multiscreen service. Ultravision will rely on Broadpeak's BkM100 video delivery manager, BkS400 HTTP video cache servers, and BkS350 origin packager.
News categories: Broadpeak, Ultravisión, Jacques Le Mancq, Patrício Zorrilla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Multiscreen, QoE
Totalplay to deploy MediaKind's Encoding Live video processing
Sep 13, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that Totalplay will deploy its Encoding Live video processing solution to support a smooth migration to the cloud and enable the delivery of its IPTV pay-TV content in Mexico.
News categories: MediaKind, Totalplay, Clayton Cruz, Julio Trejo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Mexico
Latin America OTT revenues to climb by $4 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, revenues from OTT TV episodes and movies for 19 Latin American countries will grow by $4 billion to $6.43 billion in 2023; up from the $2.47 billion recorded in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
AT&T US up 80k; DTVLA up 140k video subs in 2Q 2018
Jul 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 80,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW and U-Verse subscriber growth offset satellite declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, subscribers were up 140,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pay TV subscribers in LatAm expected to grow to 79.3 million in 2023
Jun 13, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV in LatAm is forecast to reach 79.3 million homes in 2023. Mexico will hold 28.9% of pay TV customers and will continue to be the largest market in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
Netflix to reach 201 million subscribers by 2023
May 16, 2018 – Digital TV Research has forecast that Netflix will have 201 million streaming subscribers by 2023, up by 82% from 111 million at end-2017. About 28 million subscribers will be added in 2018 – making it the largest growth year ever.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers, UK, USA
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released
- 2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
- EU agrees rules to facilitate access to online TV across borders
- 28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
- Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
- Viaccess-Orca to power Guigo TV live OTT service in Brazil
- Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
- Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
- EU to investigate acquisition by Vodafone of Liberty Global businesses
- Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
- Vubiquity and Discover Digital launch VOD with TelOne Zimbabwe
- Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
- Go See TV and Flowplayer launch Shoppable Content Player
- Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
- Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
- Shanghai sees world's first 4K UHD live broadcast via 5G network slicing
- Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
- Mirada wins contract with Skytel in Mongolia
- 7Park Data tracks path from SVOD viewing to buying on Amazon.com