Mexico (México) Digital TV News
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Walmart and Roku launch Smart TV lineup in Mexico
Dec 23, 2019 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) have announced the launch of an Atvio Roku TV lineup of smart TVs, exclusively available in Walmart stores in Mexico. Models will include a 32" HD screen, and a 50" and 55" UHD screen.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Arthur van Rest, Jesús Enrique Guzman Güereca, Digital TV, Licensing, Mexico, Middleware, Smart TV
Megacable adds 6k video subscribers in 3Q 2019
Oct 24, 2019 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2019. At close, the company's video segment had 3,223,620 subscribers, an increase of 44,000 compared to 3Q18. Compared with 2Q19, subscribers are up by 6,000.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets
Oct 8, 2019 – Oregan Networks has announced the acquisition of the Zenterio AB assets, and assimilation of its engineering and delivery teams located in Sweden and Mexico. The purchase boosts Oregan’s ability to scale its multiscreen platform innovation and project delivery capabilities.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Sweden
Parrot Analytics data to support Dopamine's content plans
Jul 30, 2019 – Parrot Analytics has partnered with Dopamine, a division of Grupo Salinas. Dopamine will use Parrot Analytics' demand data and travelability analysis to help predict audience demand for its original series in Mexico and other regions around the world.
News categories: Parrot Analytics, Dopamine, Alejandro Rojas, Fidela Navarro, Big Data, Digital TV, Mexico
Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
Jul 22, 2019 – Megacable Holdings (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. At the end of 2Q19, the Video segment reached 3,271,561 subscribers. When compared to 1Q19, subscribers for this segment grew by 21 thousand net adds.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
Jul 17, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has integrated Netflix into its Iris multiscreen product, with a first deployment at izzi in Mexico. The integration adds to the other third-party content provider integrations that Mirada currently offers, such as Fox Play and HBO Go.
News categories: Mirada, Netflix, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA