Mexico (México) Digital TV News
TiVo signs IPG and metadata deal with izzi Telecom in Mexico
Jan 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that izzi Telecom has signed a license for interactive program guides (IPG) and entertainment metadata for their izzi Telecom video service in Mexico.
News categories: TiVo Corp, izzi Telecom, Karl Misling, Guillermo Salcedo, Big Data, Cable TV, CES2019, Digital TV, Mexico, UX
Televisa acquires part of Axtel's residential FTTH business
Dec 18, 2018 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has acquired from Axtel its residential fiber-to-the- home business and related assets in Mexico City, Zapopan, Monterrey, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosi and Ciudad Juarez.
News categories: Televisa, Axtel, Fibre, Mexico, MnA
Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Televisa will expand its existing TV CDN, adding more capacity and new time-shift features to its service. The time-shift capabilities will enable viewers to pause and rewind up to three hours of TV.
News categories: Edgeware, Televisa, Karl Thedéen, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
AT&T US down 297k; Vrio down 73k video subs in 3Q 2018
Oct 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 297,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscriber additions partially offset linear video declines. For Vrio, gains in Brazil were offset by losses in other regions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Ultravision deploys Conax Go Live multiscreen solution in Mexico
Oct 17, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of a secure multiscreen solution with pay-TV operator Ultravision, part of the Ultra Telecom group, in Mexico. The solution marks the first cloud deployment of Conax GO Live in Mexico.
News categories: NAGRA, Ultravision, Tom Wirth, Patricio Zorrilla, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Multiscreen, OTT
Ultravision to launch IPTV multiscreen in Mexico with Broadpeak
Oct 9, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that Ultravision, a leading pay-TV operator in Mexico, has selected Broadpeak to power its new IPTV multiscreen service. Ultravision will rely on Broadpeak's BkM100 video delivery manager, BkS400 HTTP video cache servers, and BkS350 origin packager.
News categories: Broadpeak, Ultravisión, Jacques Le Mancq, Patrício Zorrilla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Multiscreen, QoE
Totalplay to deploy MediaKind's Encoding Live video processing
Sep 13, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that Totalplay will deploy its Encoding Live video processing solution to support a smooth migration to the cloud and enable the delivery of its IPTV pay-TV content in Mexico.
News categories: MediaKind, Totalplay, Clayton Cruz, Julio Trejo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Mexico
Latin America OTT revenues to climb by $4 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, revenues from OTT TV episodes and movies for 19 Latin American countries will grow by $4 billion to $6.43 billion in 2023; up from the $2.47 billion recorded in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
AT&T US up 80k; DTVLA up 140k video subs in 2Q 2018
Jul 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 80,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW and U-Verse subscriber growth offset satellite declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, subscribers were up 140,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8