MHEG-5 (Digital Teletext) News
DTG Testing and Mirifice introduce automated MHEG testing
Jul 5, 2012 – DTG Testing and Mirifice have developed an automation system for MHEG based on Mirifice's MiriATE® product. DTG Testing has also released an MHEG automation test suite for pre-compliance testing, prior to submission to DTG Testing for final testing.
News categories: DTG Testing, Mirifice, MHEG-5, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
iWedia to launch Teatro line of turnkey software solutions for STBs and Smart TVs at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 11, 2012 – iWedia has announced the launch of its Teatro line of products at ANGA Cable 2012 in Cologne. A comprehensive line of turnkey software solutions, Teatro is equally relevant for zappers, advanced STBs, and Smart TVs.
News categories: iWedia, ANGA COM, DVR, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Ocean Blue Talking TV Software Benefits Thousands In Australia As Part Of Government Help-Box Scheme
Apr 4, 2012 – Ocean Blue has partnered with Hills Antenna & TV System to release the first of its kind 'Talking' set-top box in Australia. The Talking Set Top Box, Hills HD94003G, was developed with the assistance of the Australian Government and Vision Australia.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Hills Antenna, Australia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
Broadcom offers industry's first integrated DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Mar 19, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) has announced the BCM3461 - the industry's first fully integrated 40nm DVB-T2 receiver - driving the deployment of digital terrestrial services in over 28 countries throughout the world that have formally adopted the standard.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, MHEG-5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Ocean Blue to launch HbbTV, T2 And MHEG Turnkey Solution At IP&TV World Forum
Mar 15, 2012 – Ocean Blue Software has announced that their multi-process DVB core, MHEG-5 and HbbTV middleware is to be launched at the IP&TV world forum in London next week.
News categories: Ocean Blue, DVB-T2, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Video Exchange
DTG unveils next-generation features for Freeview platform
Feb 29, 2012 – The DTG has announced the latest technical specification enhancements for Freeview and Freeview HD - as the digital television industry gathers for its annual Summit on 2 March in London. An updated D-Book will be published on 31 March 2012.
News categories: DTG, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Connect TV to More Than Double Channels on UK Freeview
Feb 27, 2012 – Connect TV, the new platform that is bringing broadband TV to UK Freeview, has launched its service with an initial lineup of 45 internet delivered channels which viewers can access directly from the Freeview menu or electronic programme guide (EPG).
News categories: Connect TV, Freeview, Digital TV, MHEG-5, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
S&T provides MHEG interactive services for TV5 DVB-T2 trial in Thailand
Jun 8, 2011 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has provided Army TV5 in Bangkok with its TSBroadcaster2 carousel system to play out MHEG interactive applications as part of their DVB-T2 trial that has been on-air for some months.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Army TV5, VMedia-A, Digital TV, DVB-T2, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Thailand
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs