DVB-MHP (Multimedia Home Platform) News
ETSI publishes HbbTV spec for UK and Italy
Sep 6, 2016 – ETSI has published HbbTV 2.0.1 specification TS 102 796 V1.4.1 that will allow the United Kingdom and Italy to transition from MHEG and MHP to the new standard in 2017.
News categories: ETSI, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Intertrust applauds launch of Tivùon!
Jul 18, 2016 – Intertrust has applauded its partner Tivù for their launch of Tivùon!, Italy’s first open standards-based Internet TV service. Tivùon! provides a unified program guide and catch-up TV services on Internet TV sets and set top boxes.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Talal Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, DRM, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tivù launches tivùon! catch-up TV application
Jul 18, 2016 – Tivù, the company that operates tivùsat, the Italian free-to-air satellite platform, has launched tivùon!, a catch-up application that allows users to browse an extended 7 day EPG, 7 days forward and 7 days backward.
News categories: Tivù, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
HbbTV 2.0 updated for UK and Italy deployments
Apr 18, 2016 – The HbbTV Association has announced the immediate availability of HbbTV 2.0.1. This update of the 2.0 specification adds a small number of features necessary for the broad adoption of HbbTV in Italian and UK markets.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Italy plans to move from DVB-MHP to HbbTV 2.0
Aug 4, 2014 – Italy's Confindustria Radio Televisioni has released a position paper, stating the intention of Italian broadcasters to move from DVB-MHP to HbbTV 2.0 as their preferred digital TV middleware.
News categories: Confindustria Radio Televisioni, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
NorDig releases Unified IRD Specification v2.4 and Test Specification v2.2.2
Jan 24, 2013 – Nordig has announced an updated Unified IRD Specification, v2.4, which requires support for MPEG2 SD and MPEG4 HD and replaces MHP with HbbTV as NorDig's selected API. Nordig's test specification has also been updated to v2.2.2.
News categories: Nordig, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DTT receiver sales top 60 million in Italy
May 15, 2012 – According to the May newsletter from Italy's DGTVi, the number of DTT receivers sold in the country since February 2004 exceeded 60 million in March. Of these, 28.2 million were integrated digital TVs with the remaining 32.2 million being set-top boxes.
News categories: DGTVi, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Italy - March 2011 DTT decoder market
May 20, 2011 – The DGTVi has published its March 2011 report on the digital terrestrial TV (DTT) market in Italy. Sales of DTT IDTVs and set-top boxes totalled 2.8 million in the first quarter of 2011, down from 3.3 million in the same period of 2010.
News categories: DGTVi, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Italy, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA