Nepal Digital TV News
South Asia STB shipments see phenomenal rise
Nov 4, 2015 – With the pay-TV industry in all major SAARC countries moving toward digitization, set-top boxes of all kinds from SD to HDTV and hybrid boxes are witnessing steady and robust growth, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
DTH driving HDTV boom in South Asia
Aug 25, 2015 – The HDTV segment in the SAARC region is expected to boom over the next three years, according to Dataxis. The company reports a steady increase in both HDTV subscribers and HDTV channels in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Smart TV, Sri Lanka
STB shipments to South Asian countries rise 20% in Q2 2015
Jul 30, 2015 – The set-top box (STB) market in major South Asian countries (Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) is witnessing steady and robust growth, as digitisation in India and other countries in the region is propelling the demand for STBs, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja Vn, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Subisu Cablenet launches digital TV in Nepal
Oct 17, 2014 – Cable television provider, Subisu Cablenet, has announced Nepal's first digital TV service. The service, called CLEAR TV, will be available from 1st Nov, 2014.
News categories: Subisu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Nepal
Verimatrix Chosen to Provide Revenue Security for Nepal's Only DTH Service
Jun 20, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Dish Media Network has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 system on its DVB-S2 network. Kathmandu-based Dish Media Network is Nepal's only satellite-based direct-to-home (DTH) service provider.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dish Media Network, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Nepal, Satellite, Set Top Box
Nepal to introduce IPTV
Jun 13, 2011 – Nepal Telecom (NT) and Nepal Television (NTV) are preparing to introduce Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) in Nepal with the assistance of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), according to República.
News categories: Nepal Telecom, Nepal Television, International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV, IPTV, Nepal
Latens and Indieon - A unique STB and Middleware proposition to a leading DTH operator in Nepal
Sep 6, 2010 – Latens has announced a partnership with Indieon Technologies, the premier (STB) and middleware manufacturer for a secure, cardless one-way broadcasting solution for DTH broadcasters globally.
News categories: Latens, Indieon, Conditional Access, IBC2020, Middleware, Nepal, Satellite, Set Top Box
Nepal's HomeTV Selects Latens CAS Solution To Secure Content And Revenues
Aug 24, 2010 – Latens has announced that Satellite Channel Pvt. Ltd Nepal, a Pay-TV provider in the South Asia region, has chosen Latens DTH software CAS for its HomeTV DTH system in Nepal.
News categories: Latens, HomeTV, Media Nucleus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
'hometv' DTH service launches in Nepal
Aug 14, 2010 – 'hometv', Nepal's first DTH service, has been inaugurated officially by Information and Communication Minister Shankar Pokharel in the Capital.
News categories: hometv, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0