Netherlands (Holland) Digital TV News
AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
May 21, 2019 – Amino has announced the first deployment of AminoTV on a multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway in the Netherlands. This follows the acquisition of the two providers by EQT and their subsequent merger into DELTA Fiber.
News categories: Amino, DELTA Fiber, Donald McGarva, John Wittekamp, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Stoneroos provides mobile interactive TV app for DELTA Fiber Netherlands
Apr 29, 2019 – Stoneroos has announced that it has developed a mobile interactive TV app for DELTA Fiber Netherlands, available for iOS and Android devices. The app is another step towards DELTA offering its customers an integrated TV experience across all platforms.
News categories: Stoneroos, DELTA Fiber Netherlands, Annelies Kaptein, Timmy Langeveld, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, TV Everywhere
KPN TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2019
Apr 26, 2019 – KPN has announce results for Q1 2019. In the quarter, KPN added 16,000 IPTV customers to its base offsetting a reduction of 15,000 in the number of digital terrestrial (Digitenne) and analogue subscribers that it has.
News categories: KPN, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial
M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
Apr 24, 2019 – M7 Group has agreed with Vestel to integrate the M7 smart TV app into the latest Vestel smart TVs. For the markets in which M7 operates, Vestel produced smart TVs are available under various brands, including Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Finlux and Telefunken.
News categories: M7 Group, Vestel, Hans Troelstra, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Netherlands, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart TV
Stoneroos updates STB app for DELTA Fiber Nederland
Mar 26, 2019 – DELTA Fiber Netherlands, operating under the brands DELTA and Caiway, has updated its set-top box application from Stoneroos in order to allow multicast IP streaming and to integrate the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Stoneroos, DELTA Fiber, Metrological, Amino, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
24i Media acquires StreamOne
Mar 21, 2019 – 24i Media has extended its platform’s capabilities by the acquisition of StreamOne. With the acquisition, 24i gets access to the technology of StreamOne, strengthening its ability to integrate with its partners, and to optimize the end user experience.
News categories: 24i Media, StreamOne, Martijn van Horssen, Ruud van der Linden, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, NABShow, Netherlands, Worldwide
Merger completed between Tele2 and T-Mobile in the Netherlands
Jan 2, 2019 – Tele2 (Stockholm: TEL2 A; TEL2 B) and Deutsche Telekom have completed the merger of their Dutch operations. Tele2 Netherlands (Tele2 NL) is absorbed by T-Mobile in the Netherlands (T-Mobile NL).
News categories: Tele2, T-Mobile, Anders Nilsson, MnA, Netherlands
EU clears T-Mobile NL's acquisition of Tele2 NL
Nov 27, 2018 – The European Commission has approved under the EU Merger Regulation the proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile NL. The Commission concluded that the merger would raise no competition concerns in the European Economic Area or any substantial part of it.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile, Tele2, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Netherlands, Regulation
Tele2 optimistic about EC approval of Dutch merger with T-Mobile
Nov 26, 2018 – Tele2 (Stockholm: TEL2 A, TEL2 B) has responded to media speculation about the merger between Tele2 and T-Mobile in the Netherlands, and says that it remains optimistic the European Commission will approve the merger without conditions.
News categories: Tele2, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Netherlands, Regulation
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?