Paraguay Digital TV News
IPTV Copaco to launch in Paraguay on December 14th
Dec 5, 2012 – Paraguay's state-owned Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones (Copaco) has announced that it will officially launch its IPTV platform on December 14 in the cities of Concepción and Horqueta.
News categories: COPACO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Paraguay, Set Top Box
December launch for Copaco and Tigo pay TV services in Paraguay
Oct 25, 2011 – Copaco has confirmed that its IPTV service will launch on December 15th in Paraguay. In the same month, Tigo (NASDAQ:MIICF) is expected to launch a digital cable TV service in the Paraguayan city of Lambaré.
News categories: Copaco, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Claro launches satellite DTH service in Paraguay
Jun 12, 2011 – According to La Nación, América Móvil's Claro subsidiary in Paraguay has launched a satellite DTH service in the country. The service consists of 44 channels.
News categories: Claro, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Anevia Implements Over-the-Top Video on Demand Services for Itacom Customers in Paraguay
Feb 8, 2011 – Anevia has announced that it is has enabled Itacom to successfully deploy an over-the-top (OTT) video on demand service for Paraguay using ViaMotion, Anevia's software-based Internet-protocol (IP) streaming solution.
News categories: Anevia, Itacom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, OTT, Paraguay, Set Top Box
Paraguay to begin DTT broadcasting in May
Jan 21, 2011 – Paraguay has presented details of its plan to convert the country to digital terrestrial television with technical assistance from Japan. Initial ISDB-Tb broadcasting will begin on May 14, with the project completing in 2016.
News categories: Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Paraguay, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Tigo to launch pay TV in Paraguay
Jan 6, 2011 – Mobile phone operator Tigo (NASDAQ:MICC) has announced plans to launch pay TV in Paraguay in July this year. The service will initially be offered in the regions of Luque, San Lorenzo, Fernando de la Mora, Lambaré and the capital Asunción.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Paraguay's COPACO to develop IPTV service
Oct 26, 2010 – Paraguay's COPACO (Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones) has announced that it will invest US$ 20 million to develop an IPTV service. The service is targeted for launch at the end of 2011.
News categories: COPACO, IPTV, Paraguay
Claro Launch ROK-Powered Mobile TV Subscription Service in Paraguay
Aug 4, 2010 – ROK Entertainment Group, the mobile technology, applications and services company and Claro, the Paraguayan Mobile Operator, have announced the launch of Web PPV, a streamed, live and on-demand multi-channel mobile TV subscription service.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Claro, Mobile, Paraguay
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan