Peripherals / Accessories News
Sigma Designs Extends Intel WiDi Technology for Peer-to-Peer Streaming Over Wi-Fi to Multi-Function Media Players
Jan 12, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has added Intel's (NASDAQ: INTC) WiDi technology to its STB reference designs, enabling CE partners to deliver a wider range of viewable content, by streaming content from notebooks wirelessly to an HDTV via a STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CES, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Orca Systems Announces ORC5300 Family of Universal Hybrid CMOS TV Tuners
Jan 6, 2012 – Orca Systems has announced the ORC5300 family of CMOS TV tuner ICs, powered by Orca's patented DSP-RF™ technology. The tuner family devices are configurable to receive all worldwide terrestrial and cable TV standards.
News categories: Orca Systems, Cable TV, CES, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
HDMI-Enabled Product Shipments to Surpass 1 Billion in 2014
Dec 13, 2011 – New In-Stat research forecasts that the number of HDMI-enabled device shipments will surpass 1 billion in 2014, while DVI-enabled shipments will decline by 9.4% annually through 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Mobile Broadband Device Market to Hit 525 Million by 2016
Nov 15, 2011 – The Mobile Broadband Device market will claim a global installed base of over 525 million units by 2016, according to just released research from analyst firm Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet
HDMI-Enabled Mobile PC Shipments to Surpass 300 Million in 2014
Oct 5, 2011 – Last year saw a dramatic increase for HDMI in portable consumer devices. In addition, on the PC side, HDMI's share continued to increase. New In-Stat research forecasts that HDMI-enabled mobile PC shipments will surpass 300 million units in 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart Home
Germany: Consumer Electronics market displays sound growth in the first half of 2011
Aug 22, 2011 – Results from the latest Consumer Electronics Market Index (CEMIX) show that the industry continues to grow. In the first half of the year, the market demonstrated a value increase of 4.3% compared to HY1 2010.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, DVD, Games Console, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Ceton Chooses MaxLinear Low-Power Tuners for InfiniTV Multi-Tuner Digital Cable TV Product Line
Aug 9, 2011 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Ceton Corp. has chosen its MxL241SF cable TV tuners for its InfiniTV multi-tuner digital cable TV product line for the PC.
News categories: MaxLinear, Ceton Corp, Cable TV, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Consumer Electronic WLAN-Enabled Unit Shipments to Surpass 419 Million by 2015
Jun 28, 2011 – Though the WLAN attach rate of stationary CE devices remains relatively low in comparison to their portable counterparts, the size of the combined WLAN-enabled CE markets will surpass 419 million units shipped by 2015, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVR, Games Console, Gateway, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
ViXS Systems Announces XCode® 4200 Series in NEC's VALUESTAR All-In-One PC Line
Jun 3, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced that NEC Personal Products (NECP) has selected XCode® 4210 and 4206 for the latest line of VALUESTAR W and VALUESTAR N All In One Personal Computer's (PC's).
News categories: ViXS Systems, NEC Personal Products, ISDB-T, Japan, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box