Tablet / PMP (Portable Media Player) News
Mariner xVu now monitoring over 3 billion events per week
Feb 16, 2017 – Mariner xVu™ has announced significant growth in tier-1 operators. The xVu software platform is now successfully monitoring over 3 billion events per week, with over 40 million devices under management.
News categories: Mariner xVu, Shaun MacDonald, Big Data, QoE, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
Virgin Media reveals connected entertainment line-up
Nov 30, 2016 – Virgin Media has lifted the cover off of its new connected entertainment line-up. Virgin TV has launched its 4K-ready V6 box, powered by TiVo software, and a TellyTablet designed as a personal TV for watching in HD.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Tablet, UK
OTT TV will be a big hit with consumers this Christmas
Dec 8, 2015 – Over-the-top (OTT) TV will be a big hit for consumers this Christmas, with 52% of viewers around the world planning to use an online TV service during the festive season. This is according to research commissioned by Paywizard.
News categories: Paywizard, Bhavesh Vaghela, Australia, Brazil, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, UK, USA
TabletTV Plus to launch mid-Q4 in the United States
Oct 8, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that Tablet Television, the joint venture between Motive Television and Granite Broadcasting, is launching TabletTV Plus in mid-4th quarter within the United States.
News categories: Motive Television, TabletTV, Granite Broadcasting, Leonard M Fertig, Luc Tomasino, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek chipsets power new Amazon devices
Sep 18, 2015 – MediaTek has announced that it will power an array of Amazon consumer products, including the Amazon Fire TV, and Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 tablets. These are the latest in a series of Amazon devices powered by MediaTek.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Che, Peter Larsen, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, USA
Motive to add OTT channels to TabletTV
Jul 13, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that it has developed technology to add Internet-delivered channels to its TabletTV product. Examples of channels that will be available in the UK include YouTube, BBC iPlayer, STV Player, ITV Player, All4, BT Sport, and Netflix.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Tablet, UK
Motive develops world’s first Mobile PVR for ATSC
Jul 2, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that it has developed a Mobile Personal Video Recorder (PVR), which the company believes is the world’s first ATSC format PVR for mobile devices. Mobile PVR is entirely based on proprietary Motive software.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, ATSC, Digital TV, DVR, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
iWedia provides MHEG-5 engine for TabletTV UK app
Jun 22, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has provided the MHEG-5 engine for the TabletTV UK app of Motive Television. Motive’s TabletTV UK app combined with a tuner delivers a full Freeview viewing experience on tablets in the UK.
News categories: iWedia, Motive Television, Hervé Creff, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
TabletTV for Android devices launched in UK and USA
Jun 10, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that the first TabletTV US and UK apps for Android are now available. Users of Samsung Android tablets will be able to join those with iPads in being able to watch and record over-the-air television on their tablets.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK, USA
- Chunghwa Telecom selects Telestream for QoE & 4K media processing
- Roku and Innovid partner on TV campaign analytics
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Mediaocean and ProVantageX integrate tools for local TV buying & selling
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One