Tablet / PMP (Portable Media Player) News
43.9% of French TV households have TV-over-ADSL
Dec 16, 2014 – France’s Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has reported the latest results from its survey on the penetration of audiovisual equipment in French households. 43.9% of France's TV households now have TV-over-ADSL.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Subscribers, Tablet, Terrestrial
Youku Tudou enters the hardware business
Dec 10, 2014 – Internet TV company, Youku Tudou (NYSE: YOKU), has announced the launch of its Cloud Entertainment business unit and the unit's first batch of hardware products consisting of a WiFi router, smart TV box, and large Android tablet.
News categories: Youku Tudou, Leo Yao, Victor Koo, China, Digital TV, Router, Set Top Box, Tablet
Tablets are fastest growing connected device in U.S.
Dec 9, 2014 – Tablet ownership among U.S. consumers is on the rise, and growing at a faster rate than that of any other connected device. According to NPD, as of the third quarter of 2014 there were 109 million tablets in use, up 35 million from last year.
News categories: Connected Intelligence, John Buffone, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Tablet, USA
GS Group and Tricolor TV introduce TV tablet
Nov 13, 2014 – Russia's GS Group has announced the launch of the first tablet computer designed for viewing satellite television service Tricolor TV. The tablet allows subscribers to access the service anywhere in the home where there is Wi-Fi.
News categories: GS Group, Tricolor TV, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Tablet
Sony unveils PlayStation Vue cloud-based TV Service
Nov 13, 2014 – Sony has unveiled PlayStation Vue. PlayStation Vue leverages the power of the cloud to combine live, on-demand, and catch-up TV content with a user interface that delivers personalization and simplicity.
News categories: PlayStation, Sony Network Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Tablet, USA
Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
Oct 29, 2014 – People will watch TV and video content on more and more devices as TV everywhere takes off. For the 51 countries covered in Digital TV Research’s Multiscreen TV & Video Forecasts report, the gross number of viewers will climb from 5.60 billion in 2010 to 11.32 billion by 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, Mobile, North America, OTT, Smartphone, Subscribers, Tablet, Worldwide
Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
Oct 21, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced that it has debuted a quad-core application processor offering for the tablet and OTT set-top box markets at the Asia World-Expo in Hong Kong.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Worldwide
Marketing begins for Tablet TV launch in the U.S.
Oct 15, 2014 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that its 50% owned joint venture, Tablet Television (TTV), is launching its marketing campaign in San Francisco, supporting a product launch in time for Christmas 2014.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Luc Tomasino, Apps, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek teams with Amazon on Fire HD tablets
Oct 9, 2014 – MediaTek has announced that it is working with Amazon to help power the new line of Fire tablets — the Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7 and Fire HD Kids Edition. The tablets feature MediaTek’s MT8135 System on Chip (SoC) and MT6628 connectivity solution.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Chen, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Tablet
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018