Portugal Digital TV News
Vodafone extends deployment of NAGRA across its operating companies
Sep 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed its cloud-based Security Services Platform, NAGRA cloud.SSP, to help protect Vodafone TV services across a large number of operating companies, including Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Romania.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain
Vodafone and Kaltura extend cooperation to Greece, Romania and Portugal
Sep 11, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV technology is now supporting the launch of Vodafone TV in Greece, Romania and Portugal. A common cloud-based platform allows each OpCo to launch the Vodafone TV service within its country.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, Romania
SFR STBs first in France to integrate Amazon Prime Video
Aug 27, 2019 – Altice Europe is to make Amazon Prime Video available to its SFR customers in France. SFR will be the first of Altice operations and the first operator in France to announce the Prime Video app within its LaBox SFR Fibre, SFR Box Plus and SFR Box 8 set-top boxes.
News categories: Altice, Prime Video, Alain Weill, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, OTT, Portugal, Set Top Box
Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
Jul 17, 2019 – Vodafone Portugal has launched an updated user experience for its Vodafone TV service. Among the new features are an intelligent search engine with natural language recognition and the use of artificial intelligence to show personalized recommendations in the UX.
News categories: Vodafone, António Margato, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
Jun 10, 2019 – In Europe, Western countries are leading 5G development, with Denmark, Portugal and Switerland’s 5G adoption set to take a 23.2%, 16.2% and 16.2% share respectively of total mobile subscription in their markets by 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Jonathan Bachrach, 5G, Denmark, Finland, Market Research, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland
Portugal's SAPO adopts AppNexus ad technology
Jun 3, 2019 – AppNexus and SAPO (Altice Portugal group) have announced that SAPO will adopt AppNexus’ full suite of products supporting the buying and selling of digital advertising, including the AppNexus Publisher Ad Server, the Supply Side Platform (SSP) and the Demand-Side Platform (DSP).
News categories: AppNexus, SAPO, Remi Boudard, Filipa Martins, Advertising, Portugal
Fibre becomes leading way of accessing pay TV in Portugal
Nov 26, 2018 – According to Anacom, optical fibre (FTTH/B) became the principal means of accessing subscription television in Portugal in the first half of 2018, with 1.47 million subscribers, 38.2% of the total.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
NOS enhances user experience with Concurrent’s MediaScaleX
Sep 17, 2018 – Concurrent Technology (TSX: VCM) and NOS have announced an expanded partnership. As part of the agreement, NOS will deploy Concurrent’s MediaScaleX platform, enhancing user experiences for Cloud DVR and Live TV delivered via IP.
News categories: Concurrent Technology, NOS, Clay McCreery, José Pascoal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
NOS and Tata Elxsi open Digital Centre of Excellence
Sep 12, 2018 – NOS and Tata Elxsi have announced the launch a Digital Centre of Excellence (CoE). The centre will focus on digital transformation initiatives that are geared to deliver next generation services, enhance subscriber experience, and improve operational efficiency.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Broadband, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, RDK
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos