Gateway (residential, home) News
Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
Oct 14, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that Orange has selected, for its new Livebox 5, SoftAtHome’s Connect’ON solution for an enriched online broadband experience. The home gateway is becoming a full service-delivery platform.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, David Viret-Lange, Ollivier Courtel, BBWF, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware
Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
Oct 9, 2019 – Orange France has launched its Livebox 5. The new box was designed to accommodate customers’ increased usage and their need to share speeds in the home. With the Livebox 5, Orange is going one step further in its initiative to reduce its equipment’s carbon footprint.
News categories: Orange, Fabienne Dulac, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV
Comark appointed as DigiCAP reseller for ATSC 3.0 solutions
Jul 31, 2019 – DigiCAP has appointed COMARK as an authorized reseller and service provider of the DigiCAP hardware and software product line. COMARK will be focusing on the North American broadcast DTV market for ATSC 3.0 solutions.
News categories: COMARK, DigiCAP, Tim Hosmer, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, North America
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
TDC launches next generation Home Gateway in Denmark with SoftAtHome
Apr 18, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that its software enables TDC’s Danish customers to benefit from gigabit services. TDC’s subscribers now enjoy a much faster Internet connection with two bonded VDSL lines, highest quality TV and uninterrupted communications.
News categories: SoftAtHome, TDC, David Viret-Lange, Michael Vig Larsen, Broadband, Denmark, Gateway, Middleware
BitRouter shows an ATSC 3.0 gateway demo on a TiVo BOLT OTA Player at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – BitRouter has announced that it has enhanced the capabilities of its ATSC3pro receiver to include gateway functionality. This will allow ATSC3pro customers to both use the device as a set-top box and stream live content to remote devices.
News categories: BitRouter, TiVo Corp, Gopal Miglani, Ted Malone, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, NABShow, USA
CommScope to acquire ARRIS
Nov 8, 2018 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has agreed to acquire ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) in an all-cash transaction for $31.75 per share, or a total purchase price of approximately $7.4 billion, including the repayment of debt.
News categories: CommScope, ARRIS International, Eddie Edwards, Bruce McClelland, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Creonic releases DVB-RCS2 modulator IP core
Oct 25, 2018 – Creonic has announced its latest IP core. The DVB-RCS2 modulator enables the implementation of a return channel over satellite and provides the capability to operate in MF-TDMA systems. The company has signed multiple license agreements for the core.
News categories: Creonic, Broadband, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Silicon IP, Worldwide
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA