Romania Digital TV News
M7 to buy Liberty Global's Eastern European DTH operations
Dec 21, 2018 – M7 Group has announced that it has agreed to buy the DTH satellite TV operations of Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) currently serving four Eastern European markets (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania).
News categories: M7 Group, Liberty Global, Hans Troelstra, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
Dec 14, 2018 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 9.78m to Romanian public company Societatea Nationala de Radiocomunicatii SA (Radiocom) to partially finance the digitalisation of the country’s terrestrial broadcasting infrastructure.
News categories: European Investment Bank, Radiocom, Andrew McDowell, Eugen Brad, Digital TV, Finance, Romania, Terrestrial
Eastern European OTT revenues to triple
Aug 21, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues for Eastern European countries will reach $3.51 billion in 2023; more than triple the $1.01 billion recorded in 2017. Russia will then account for 40% of the region’s OTT revenues.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Vimmi provides OTT and CDN solutions for Pro TV's AVOD platform in Romania
Aug 5, 2018 – Vimmi Communications and Romania's Pro TV, have joined forces to launch a project which includes the implementation and integration of Vimmi’s OTT and CDN solutions with ProTV’s AVOD platfrom, ProTV Plus.
News categories: Vimmi, Pro TV, Eitan Koter, Dr. Hendrik von der Linden, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Romania, UX
Samsung, Cisco and Orange trial 5G home entertainment and smart city applications in Romania
Jul 2, 2018 – Samsung and Cisco have announced the completion of a trial and 5G demonstrations with Orange in Romania. During the trial, several parallel UHD videos and VR sessions were streamed simultaneously over the same 5G broadband connection.
News categories: Samsung, Cisco Systems, Orange, GY Seo, Yvette Kanouff, Arnaud Vamparys, 5G, Digital TV, Romania, VR
Vodafone to acquire Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania
May 9, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that it has agreed to acquire Unitymedia in Germany and Liberty Global’s operations (excluding its 'Direct Home' business) in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania, for a total enterprise value of €18.4 billion.
News categories: Vodafone, Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Romania
Zenterio OS powers new series of STBs at Telekom Romania
Feb 20, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that Telekom Romania is using Zenterio OS to power a new series of STBs for its TV Interactiv IPTV service. Thanks to Zenterio OS, Telekom Romania end users can now enjoy a seamless user experience and rich feature set on the new STBs.
News categories: Zenterio, Telekom Romania, Jörgen Nilsson, Roxana Baias, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Set Top Box
Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
Nov 22, 2017 – Netflix and Deutsche Telekom (DT) have announced a partnership enabling all DT subsidiaries to benefit from the company's relationship with Netflix. So far, Telekom customers in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands have benefited from the cooperation.
News categories: Netflix, Deutsche Telekom, Maria Ferreras, Thomas Kicker, Apps, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, IPTV, Multiscreen, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8