Romania Digital TV News
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 66,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In Germany, 66,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.4 million, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with March 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
M7 to buy Liberty Global's Eastern European DTH operations
Dec 21, 2018 – M7 Group has announced that it has agreed to buy the DTH satellite TV operations of Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) currently serving four Eastern European markets (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania).
News categories: M7 Group, Liberty Global, Hans Troelstra, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
Dec 14, 2018 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 9.78m to Romanian public company Societatea Nationala de Radiocomunicatii SA (Radiocom) to partially finance the digitalisation of the country’s terrestrial broadcasting infrastructure.
News categories: European Investment Bank, Radiocom, Andrew McDowell, Eugen Brad, Digital TV, Finance, Romania, Terrestrial
Eastern European OTT revenues to triple
Aug 21, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues for Eastern European countries will reach $3.51 billion in 2023; more than triple the $1.01 billion recorded in 2017. Russia will then account for 40% of the region’s OTT revenues.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Vimmi provides OTT and CDN solutions for Pro TV's AVOD platform in Romania
Aug 5, 2018 – Vimmi Communications and Romania's Pro TV, have joined forces to launch a project which includes the implementation and integration of Vimmi’s OTT and CDN solutions with ProTV’s AVOD platfrom, ProTV Plus.
News categories: Vimmi, Pro TV, Eitan Koter, Dr. Hendrik von der Linden, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Romania, UX
Samsung, Cisco and Orange trial 5G home entertainment and smart city applications in Romania
Jul 2, 2018 – Samsung and Cisco have announced the completion of a trial and 5G demonstrations with Orange in Romania. During the trial, several parallel UHD videos and VR sessions were streamed simultaneously over the same 5G broadband connection.
News categories: Samsung, Cisco Systems, Orange, GY Seo, Yvette Kanouff, Arnaud Vamparys, 5G, Digital TV, Romania, VR
Vodafone to acquire Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania
May 9, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that it has agreed to acquire Unitymedia in Germany and Liberty Global’s operations (excluding its 'Direct Home' business) in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania, for a total enterprise value of €18.4 billion.
News categories: Vodafone, Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Romania
Zenterio OS powers new series of STBs at Telekom Romania
Feb 20, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that Telekom Romania is using Zenterio OS to power a new series of STBs for its TV Interactiv IPTV service. Thanks to Zenterio OS, Telekom Romania end users can now enjoy a seamless user experience and rich feature set on the new STBs.
News categories: Zenterio, Telekom Romania, Jörgen Nilsson, Roxana Baias, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Set Top Box
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station