Romania Digital TV News
Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
Jul 18, 2019 – European Commission has announced its final approval of the sale of Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone Group. The transaction, announced May 9, 2018, has a total enterprise value of approximately €19 billion [$21.5] billion, on a GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, European Commission, Vodafone, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, EU, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Regulation, Romania
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Netherlands, OTT, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 66,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In Germany, 66,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.4 million, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with March 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
M7 to buy Liberty Global's Eastern European DTH operations
Dec 21, 2018 – M7 Group has announced that it has agreed to buy the DTH satellite TV operations of Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) currently serving four Eastern European markets (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania).
News categories: M7 Group, Liberty Global, Hans Troelstra, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
Dec 14, 2018 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 9.78m to Romanian public company Societatea Nationala de Radiocomunicatii SA (Radiocom) to partially finance the digitalisation of the country’s terrestrial broadcasting infrastructure.
News categories: European Investment Bank, Radiocom, Andrew McDowell, Eugen Brad, Digital TV, Finance, Romania, Terrestrial
Eastern European OTT revenues to triple
Aug 21, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues for Eastern European countries will reach $3.51 billion in 2023; more than triple the $1.01 billion recorded in 2017. Russia will then account for 40% of the region’s OTT revenues.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Vimmi provides OTT and CDN solutions for Pro TV's AVOD platform in Romania
Aug 5, 2018 – Vimmi Communications and Romania's Pro TV, have joined forces to launch a project which includes the implementation and integration of Vimmi’s OTT and CDN solutions with ProTV’s AVOD platfrom, ProTV Plus.
News categories: Vimmi, Pro TV, Eitan Koter, Dr. Hendrik von der Linden, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Romania, UX
Samsung, Cisco and Orange trial 5G home entertainment and smart city applications in Romania
Jul 2, 2018 – Samsung and Cisco have announced the completion of a trial and 5G demonstrations with Orange in Romania. During the trial, several parallel UHD videos and VR sessions were streamed simultaneously over the same 5G broadband connection.
News categories: Samsung, Cisco Systems, Orange, GY Seo, Yvette Kanouff, Arnaud Vamparys, 5G, Digital TV, Romania, VR
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019