Rwanda Digital TV News
Zenterio and Vestel partner to deliver DVB-T2 STB for African market
Jan 7, 2014 – Zenterio and Vestel have announced that they are providing a DVB-T2 STB for commercial availability in Uganda and Rwanda. The first order for the new DVB-T2 compliant STB is set to launch in December 2013.
News categories: Zenterio, Vestel, Jan Macku, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda
Rwanda launches Tunga TV initiative to promote digital TV take-up
Mar 20, 2013 – Rwanda's Ministry of Youth and ICT (MYICT) will launch its Tunga TV initiative on March 20, 2013. The initiative aims to drive Rwanda from analogue to digital TV and facilitate the acquisition of TV sets, set-top boxes and other devices enabling access to information services.
News categories: MYICT, ORINFOR, Digital TV, Rwanda, Terrestrial
East African Community Ministers Want Digital Broadcast Migration Expedited
Nov 14, 2011 – At the EAC's 9th Meeting of the Sectoral Council on Transport, Communications and Meteorology (TCM), ministers directed Partner States to expedite the process of putting in place legislation for the implementation of digital TV broadcasting.
News categories: East African Community, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
SES Joins Forces with Wananchi to Launch Zuku TV DTH in East Africa
May 30, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has joined forces with Kenyan television and broadband operator Wananchi to launch a new Direct-to-Home (DTH) line-up called Zuku TV in East Africa. Zuku TV is set to launch in July using SES capacity.
News categories: SES S.A., Wananchi, Zuku, Burundi, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, Tanzania, Uganda
Rwanda to switch to digital TV early in 2011
Feb 7, 2011 – Rwanda will switch to digital broadcasting early this year according to the Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority which is managing the conversion of the country's infrastructure.
News categories: Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority, ORINFOR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Rwanda, Terrestrial
Star DTV connects 200,000 in East Africa
Sep 24, 2010 – East African digital TV service provider StarTimes is reaching around 200,000 subscribers in the region according to its chief marketing officer in Uganda.
News categories: StarTimes, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Subscribers, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
Wananchi and Cisco Sign Multiyear Contract to Take Triple Play to Next Level
Aug 2, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that the Wananchi Group, Africa's pioneering provider of triple-play and VSAT services, has signed a contract for the purchase of Cisco® network technology solutions and services in East Africa.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Wananchi, Burundi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Rwanda to Have Digital Broadcasting Next Year
Aug 27, 2009 – Rwanda will fully start DVB-T digital terrestrial broadcasting by March next year. This means that the Office Rwandais d'Information, ORINFOR, a state owned information agency, will be able to provide up to eight different channels.
News categories: ORINFOR, Digital TV, Rwanda, Terrestrial
SatLink Launches New DTH Platform to Africa on Astra 4A
Apr 19, 2009 – SatLink Communications has announced that it has acquired its own capacity covering sub-Saharan Africa on ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite located at 5° East. The MCPC platform is for DTH broadcasters aiming to cover the region.
News categories: SatLink, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box