SBTVD (Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão Digital), ISDB-TB, SATVD-T News
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Brazil opens consultation on specifications for Ginga C middleware
Sep 24, 2015 – Brazil's national standards body, the ABNT (Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas), has opened public consultation on technical specifications for Ginga C, the next version of the country's digital television middleware.
News categories: Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear MxL683 ISDB-T STB receiver shipments pass 10 million
Sep 9, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has said that it has sold more than 10 million MxL683 ISDB-T receivers, for use in set-top boxes, to operator and consumer markets in Brazil, Japan and the Philippines.
News categories: MaxLinear, Yves Rasse, Brazil, ISDB-T, Japan, Market Research, Philippines, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nicaragua adopts ISDB-T for DTT broadcasting
Aug 4, 2015 – The Republic of Nicaragua has decided to adopt the Japanese terrestrial digital TV broadcasting system (called the ISDB-T system) for its digital terrestrial television broadcasting (DTTB).
News categories: Telcor, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Nicaragua, SBTVD, Terrestrial
MStar develops Ginga STB platform with MOPA Embedded Systems
Jul 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor is supporting Brazil Analog Switch-Off (ASO) and the transition to richer digital TV services with a complete production-ready digital set-top-box platform developed in close cooperation with MOPA Embedded Systems.
News categories: MStar Semi, MOPA Embedded System, Ray Lung, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar adopts TQTVD Ginga STB middleware for Latin America
Jul 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has adopted TQTVD's AstroTV+ Ginga software solution to support the switchover from analogue to digital broadcasting in Latin America, especially for the Analogue Switch-off (ASO) transition in Brazil.
News categories: MStar Semi, TQTVD, Ray Lung, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear introduces ISDB-T USB dongle reference design
Aug 14, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL683 ISDB-T tuner-demodulator is at the heart of a new, low-cost USB dongle reference design that brings digital broadcast high-definition (HD) TV to consumers throughout Latin America.
News categories: MaxLinear, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Brazil's TV TEM expands ISDB-Tb network with GatesAir
Aug 6, 2014 – GatesAir is expanding TV TEM’s ISDB-Tb DTT network to cover an additional 139 cities in the state of São Paulo. The installation marks the third phase of a rollout that will bring HDTV coverage to all 318 cities across São Paulo state.
News categories: GatesAir, REDE Globo, Ewerton Maciel, Joseph Mack, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Anatel releases rules to minimise LTE interference to TV signals
Jul 14, 2014 – Brazilian telecoms regulator, Anatel, has proposed rules governing the interaction of digital television signals in the 698MHz to 806MHz band and LTE-based mobile services operating in the 700MHz frequency band.
News categories: Anatel, 5G, Brazil, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, SBTVD
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?