SBTVD (Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão Digital), ISDB-TB, SATVD-T News
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Brazil opens consultation on specifications for Ginga C middleware
Sep 24, 2015 – Brazil's national standards body, the ABNT (Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas), has opened public consultation on technical specifications for Ginga C, the next version of the country's digital television middleware.
News categories: Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear MxL683 ISDB-T STB receiver shipments pass 10 million
Sep 9, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has said that it has sold more than 10 million MxL683 ISDB-T receivers, for use in set-top boxes, to operator and consumer markets in Brazil, Japan and the Philippines.
News categories: MaxLinear, Yves Rasse, Brazil, ISDB-T, Japan, Market Research, Philippines, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nicaragua adopts ISDB-T for DTT broadcasting
Aug 4, 2015 – The Republic of Nicaragua has decided to adopt the Japanese terrestrial digital TV broadcasting system (called the ISDB-T system) for its digital terrestrial television broadcasting (DTTB).
News categories: Telcor, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Nicaragua, SBTVD, Terrestrial
MStar develops Ginga STB platform with MOPA Embedded Systems
Jul 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor is supporting Brazil Analog Switch-Off (ASO) and the transition to richer digital TV services with a complete production-ready digital set-top-box platform developed in close cooperation with MOPA Embedded Systems.
News categories: MStar Semi, MOPA Embedded System, Ray Lung, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar adopts TQTVD Ginga STB middleware for Latin America
Jul 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has adopted TQTVD's AstroTV+ Ginga software solution to support the switchover from analogue to digital broadcasting in Latin America, especially for the Analogue Switch-off (ASO) transition in Brazil.
News categories: MStar Semi, TQTVD, Ray Lung, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear introduces ISDB-T USB dongle reference design
Aug 14, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL683 ISDB-T tuner-demodulator is at the heart of a new, low-cost USB dongle reference design that brings digital broadcast high-definition (HD) TV to consumers throughout Latin America.
News categories: MaxLinear, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Brazil's TV TEM expands ISDB-Tb network with GatesAir
Aug 6, 2014 – GatesAir is expanding TV TEM’s ISDB-Tb DTT network to cover an additional 139 cities in the state of São Paulo. The installation marks the third phase of a rollout that will bring HDTV coverage to all 318 cities across São Paulo state.
News categories: GatesAir, REDE Globo, Ewerton Maciel, Joseph Mack, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs