Show (Event, Conference, Exhibition, Expo, …) News
Xstream launches OTT monetisation tool
Aug 16, 2017 – Xstream has launched a customer engagement tool enabling video providers to boost subscriber acquisition, speed up conversion into paying customers and to lengthen customer retention times.
News categories: Xstream, Jacob Barlebo, Big Data, IBCShow, OTT, Worldwide
Accedo and Channel 4 extend All 4 to Now TV
Aug 15, 2017 – Accedo has worked with British broadcaster, Channel 4, to extend its redesigned All 4 video on demand service to additional platforms including Now TV on Roku. Accedo and Channel 4 are building on a long history of collaboration.
News categories: Accedo, Channel 4, Adam Nightingale, Keith Underwood, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShow, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Socionext 'Sea of Transcoders' accelerates server video processing
Aug 10, 2017 – Socionext has announced its 'Media Cloud' program, designed to provide more than a tenfold improvement in server performance for video processing in the data center. Under the program, Socionext will collaborate with partner companies to deliver data center servers and related services.
News categories: Socionext, Tom Miyake, Yasuhiro Wakimoto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
NOWO delivers OTT video with castLabs multi-DRM and video player
Jul 25, 2017 – castLabs has announced a collaboration with Portuguese cable operator NOWO to facilitate multiscreen delivery of both live and VOD DRM-protected content for the NOWO TV App.
News categories: castLabs, NOWO, Michael Stattmann, Ana Maria Teixeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShow, Media Player, Multiscreen, Portugal, Set Top Box
Samsung integrates Celeno Wi-Fi in DOCSIS gateway and 4K STB
May 30, 2017 – Celeno has announced that its silicon and software technology will power home gateways and set-top boxes being developed by Samsung. Celeno's Wi-Fi chipsets will power Samsung's DOCSIS 3.1 gateway and 4K client product lines.
News categories: Celeno, Samsung, Gilad Rozen, ANGA, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Wireless
Tele Columbus and M7 extend pay TV cooperation
May 30, 2017 – Tele Columbus and M7 Group have extended their cooperation for the contribution of German and international pay TV channels. As part of this cooperation Tele Columbus and M7 also consolidated the existing contracts with the Tele Columbus subsidiaries primacom and pepcom.
News categories: Tele Columbus, M7 Group, Frank Posnanski, Martijn van Hout, ANGA, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
NEOTION adds ARRIS-based TITANIUM CAM to its portfolio
May 30, 2017 – NEOTION has extended its portfolio with the launch of a CAM based on ARRIS' Titanium Content Security for DVB cardless pay TV. NEOTION's TITANIUM CAM integrates ARRIS’s managed security allowing operators to target the many TVs with integrated CAM slots.
News categories: NEOTION, ARRIS, Olivier DEMOLY, JP Heron, ANGA, Digital TV, Europe, Smart card / CAM, Worldwide
NEOTION and Viaccess-Orca deploy Adaptive Sentinel CAM
May 30, 2017 – NEOTION and Viaccess-Orca have confirmed their longstanding working relationship by deploying the first NEOTION CAM with Viaccess-Orca Adaptive Sentinel dual card and cardless Conditional Access System (CAS) for a major European Operator.
News categories: NEOTION, Viaccess-Orca, Olivier DEMOLY, Chem ASSAYAG, ANGA, Digital TV, Europe, Smart card / CAM
SERAPHIC and IRT show latest HbbTV 2 features at BroadcastAsia 2017
May 24, 2017 – SERAPHIC has announced that it supports the latest HbbTV 2.0.1 specification in its HbbTV solution. To demonstrate the features, SERAPHIC has partnered with IRT to showcase ARD Mediathek at BroadcastAsia 2017.
News categories: SERAPHIC, IRT, Ye Wang, Klaus Merkel, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
- Latin America OTT TV and video thrives despite free services
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 656,000 subscribers in 2Q 2017
- Dish TV India adds 186,000 subscribers in 2Q 2017
- RTÉ plans next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
- AWS Elemental video processing selected by NOWO for OTT
- Espial signs DevOps agreement with NOS
- Turner to launch U.S. sports streaming platform with UEFA matches
- EE TV first UK STB with Amazon Alexa integration
- U.S. mMVPD subscribers largely pleased with service value
- ABC Network subscribes to Nielsen National Out-of-Home Measurement
- U.S. pay TV subscriber losses almost one million in 2Q 2017
- PeerLogix partners with ad services provider and releases OTT viewing data
- Pay TV market to reach $254.77bn by 2025
- Xstream launches OTT monetisation tool
- RealNetworks and CIBN Oriental deploy RealMedia HD video codec
- 18:9 aspect ratio device shipments to reach 611 million units by 2021
- Nielsen to include credit for viewing on Facebook, Hulu and YouTube
- Accedo and Channel 4 extend All 4 to Now TV
- Zenterio powers MAXtv IPTV STB at Hrvatski Telekom in Croatia
- IHS Markit Analysis: The Wired Interface Technology Market