Show (Event, Conference, Exhibition, Expo, …) News
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
TiVo unveils 'TiVo Stream 4K' box with Sling TV built-in
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced TiVo Stream 4K, a streamer with live TV and Cloud DVR from the Sling TV app, plus leading content services. TiVo Stream 4K will launch with Sling TV as the preferred source for subscription TV.
News categories: TiVo, Sling TV, Dave Shull, Warren Schlichting, Tom Williams, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UX
TheTake and LG introduce AI-powered Shoppable TV at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – TheTake has announced the launch of a shoppable video experience through partnerships with LG Electronics and U.S. media companies. Beginning this spring, owners of LG webOS Smart TVs will be able to shop on the partner networks' TV shows.
News categories: TheTake, LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, Michelle Fernandez, Larry Allen, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Roku announces 'Roku TV Ready' program
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Roku TV Ready, a program that allows consumer electronics companies to partner with Roku to help their products work seamlessly with Roku TV. The first partners under the program are TCL North America and Sound United.
News categories: Roku, Sound United, TCL, Mark Ely, Brendon Stead, Chris Larson, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Synaptics announces video SoCs with built-in secure AI framework
Jan 6, 2020 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart VS600 family of multimedia SoCs designed with human perceptive intelligence for smart displays, smart cameras, video soundbars, set-top-boxes, voice-enabled devices and computer vision IoT products.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Blake Kozak, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Project OAR rolls out technologies and showcases Dynamic Ad Insertion at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – Project OAR has announced a series of updates, putting it on track to complete the first stages of its mission, with consensus reached on specifications, software updates heading for VIZIO Smart TVs and the start of major ad engine integrations.
News categories: Project OAR, Laura Nelson, Dan Aversano, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, USA
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video