Show (Event, Conference, Exhibition, Expo, …) News
Tivo adds content partners to Tivo+
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a collection of new content partners for its video network, TiVo+. Available exclusively to TiVo customers, TiVo+ delivers free live streaming channels and thousands of movies and TV shows to viewers in an app-free environment.
News categories: TiVo, Dave Shull, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
TiVo unveils 'TiVo Stream 4K' box with Sling TV built-in
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced TiVo Stream 4K, a streamer with live TV and Cloud DVR from the Sling TV app, plus leading content services. TiVo Stream 4K will launch with Sling TV as the preferred source for subscription TV.
News categories: TiVo, Sling TV, Dave Shull, Warren Schlichting, Tom Williams, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UX
TheTake and LG introduce AI-powered Shoppable TV at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – TheTake has announced the launch of a shoppable video experience through partnerships with LG Electronics and U.S. media companies. Beginning this spring, owners of LG webOS Smart TVs will be able to shop on the partner networks' TV shows.
News categories: TheTake, LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, Michelle Fernandez, Larry Allen, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Roku announces 'Roku TV Ready' program
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Roku TV Ready, a program that allows consumer electronics companies to partner with Roku to help their products work seamlessly with Roku TV. The first partners under the program are TCL North America and Sound United.
News categories: Roku, Sound United, TCL, Mark Ely, Brendon Stead, Chris Larson, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Synaptics announces video SoCs with built-in secure AI framework
Jan 6, 2020 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart VS600 family of multimedia SoCs designed with human perceptive intelligence for smart displays, smart cameras, video soundbars, set-top-boxes, voice-enabled devices and computer vision IoT products.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Blake Kozak, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform