Singapore Digital TV News
Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
Jan 18, 2019 – The Singapore government has announced that it will be amending its Copyright Act. Measures to deter retailers from profiting from providing access to content through unauthorised sources, such as TV boxes, will be added.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Regulation, Singapore
Survey finds 15% of Singapore consumers use Illicit Streaming Devices
Nov 28, 2018 – A study of the content viewing behaviour of Singaporean consumers, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association, has revealed that 15% use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
Ooyala powers StarHub Go Streaming Box
Nov 7, 2018 – StarHub has launched an all-in-one entertainment destination - the StarHub Go Streaming Box, powered by the Ooyala Online Video Solution. The box is the first in the world to run on the Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo.
News categories: Ooyala, StarHub, Jonathan Huberman, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
Accedo powers StarHub’s new Android TV service
Sep 11, 2018 – Accedo has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier STB TV offering from StarHub. Branded as the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service extends the StarHub Go OTT service to the living room.
News categories: Accedo, StarHub, Michael Lantz, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore, UX
StarHub first with Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo
Aug 30, 2018 – StarHub has unveiled the StarHub Go Streaming Box, an all-in-one entertainment destination combining the best of StarHub’s content catalogue and the Google Play store. Powered by Android TV Oreo, the box comes preloaded with a Go Family subscription, which includes over 50 channels.
News categories: StarHub, Justin Ang, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Brightcove releases research on OTT TV adoption in Asia
Jun 27, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced findings from a study carried out in partnership with YouGov that polled 5,000 participants across Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand. The purpose was to discover how consumers are responding to OTT TV services.
News categories: Brightcove, YouGov, Ben Morrell, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Singapore, Thailand
Mediacorp selects Skyline Communications to monitor its DVB-T2 network
Jun 22, 2018 – Skyline Communications has announced that it has deployed its DataMiner platform at Mediacorp, Singapore’s largest broadcaster and transmission network operator. The setup comprises more than 1,500 transmission and network elements, spread across more than 100 different locations.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Mediacorp, Ben Vandenberghe, Jonathan Triboulet, QoE, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore to provide DTV Starter Kits to HDB households without Pay TV
Apr 6, 2018 – The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) will offer a DTV Starter Kit to all Singaporean HDB households which do not subscribe to Pay-TV, to allow them to continue to enjoy local free-to-air TV after analogue switch-off on December 31, 2018.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA