Slovakia Digital TV News
Orange Slovensko extends TV offer to satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) expanding its pay-TV offer via satellite and enabling a nationwide reach across Slovakia. Orange will broadcast from EUTELSAT 16A to reach households not covered by its FTTH network.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orange, Michel Azibert, Pavol Lančarič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Slovakia
Irdeto secures Orange Slovakia’s new DTH service
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has selected Irdeto as its partner to securely deliver content through its recently launched DTH service in Slovakia. The service was launched with Irdeto Conditional Access securing a range of premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Orange, Richard Frankland, Karol Flak, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Panaccess launches Pantelio DTH platform for the Slovak and Czech markets
Sep 12, 2018 – Panaccess has presented Pantelio, a direct-to-home (DTH) television platform for the Slovak and Czech markets, which it has launched in partnership with Hispasat and Belinter Media. The platform will distribute in these countries using Hispasat 30W-5.
News categories: Hispasat, Panaccess, Belinter Media, Ignacio Sanchis, Roland Shlichting, Conditional Access, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Slovakia
R2B2 launches content targeting on HbbTV in Slovakia
Aug 28, 2018 – Now there is a new targeting option for programmatic advertising on HbbTV in Slovakia. Advertisers can target viewers based on the content they are watching. So far, it is available on three TV stations: Markíza, Doma, and Dajto.
News categories: R2B2, David Kratochvíl, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Slovakia
R2B2 adds three Slovak TV stations to its programmatic ad network
Dec 8, 2017 – The R2B2 Czech programmatic ad network is expanding to include three Slovak TV stations operated by CME. The top TV station in Slovakia will be among them. Now advertisers can bid on R2B2 HbbTV inventory for two countries.
News categories: R2B2, Kamil Foltin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, HbbTV, Slovakia
Slovakia's Markíza monetises HbbTV with Hybrid Company
Dec 5, 2017 – Interactive commercial advertising via HbbTV technology has been fully employed on the Slovakia television market by Markíza Group. For the implementation, Markíza teamed up with Hybrid Company, a specialist in HbbTV monetization.
News categories: Hybrid Company, Markíza Group, Lukáš Hnilička, Juraj Máťuš, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Smart TV, UX
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
UPC DTH extends agreement with Telenor Satellite for 1°W
May 9, 2017 – Telenor Satellite has announced that it has extended its satellite distribution agreement with UPC DTH. Telenor will continue to provide UPC DTH with satellite capacity on its THOR 5, THOR 6 and THOR 7 satellites.
News categories: UPC DTH, Telenor Satellite, Michael Lee, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
media press acquires Port Network metadata provider from CEMP
Mar 3, 2017 – media press Group and Central European Media & Publishing (CEMP) have reached a deal under which media press Group has acquired Port Network from CEMP. Port Network is the number one provider of TV, radio and movie metadata in Central-Eastern Europe.
News categories: media press Group, Port Network, Kris Cechnicki, Big Data, Croatia, Hungary, MnA, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV