Social TV / Social Networking News
Minerva acquires Live TV social platform, TOK.tv
Sep 3, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced the acquisition of TOK.tv. TOK.tv, whose mission is to allow people to 'never watch sports alone', enables millions of soccer fans to enjoy their favorite games while interacting with friends.
News categories: Minerva Networks, TOK.tv, Mauro Bonomi, Fabrizio Capobianco, Digital TV, MnA, Social TV, Worldwide
Hisense launches interactive Social TV set in China
Aug 20, 2019 – Hisense has launched its Social TV with Hi Table interactive system in China. Social TV with Hi Table features six-party video chat and cinema sharing to allow real-time chat with family and friends when they are watching TV shows and sports matches together.
News categories: Hisense, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Social TV
Samba TV measures effectiveness of Twitter in driving TV tune-in
Mar 28, 2019 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Twitter to measure the effectiveness of Twitter in driving tune-in. In a beta trial, Samba found an average lift of 28% in Verified Tune-in Rate (VTR) for the measured premiere episodes.
News categories: Samba TV, Twitter, Ashwin Navin, Tim Perzyk, Inna Kern, Michael Engleman, Big Data, Digital TV, Social TV, USA
DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
Jan 17, 2019 – OTT sports platform, DAZN, has been using the power of social video to bolster its brand awareness and drive subscription growth using Grabyo. Grabyo's platform enables DAZN to create, edit and publish video clips to social media moments after they happen.
News categories: Grabyo, DAZN, Gareth Capon, Reda Maher, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV
Conviva acquires social video insights company Delmondo
Nov 28, 2018 – Conviva has announced its acquisition of Delmondo. With the acquisition, Conviva will be able to unify real-time census-level streaming TV intelligence from apps and the web with content and audience intelligence from social media platforms.
News categories: Conviva, Delmondo, Bill Demas, Nick Cicero, Peter Scott, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Social TV, Worldwide
21st Century Fox invests $100m in social broadcasting platform Caffeine
Sep 5, 2018 – 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Caffeine have announced that 21CF has led a round of funding for social broadcasting platform, Caffeine. 21CF has invested a combined $100 million in Caffeine and a newly formed venture called Caffeine Studios.
News categories: 21st Century Fox, Caffeine, Lachlan Murdoch, Ben Keighran, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Twitter announces over 30 premium video content deals
Apr 30, 2018 – Twitter has returned to the Digital Content NewFronts with an expanded slate of live and original video programming. Over 30 new collaborations and renewals were announced across entertainment, news, sports, gaming and beyond.
News categories: Twitter, Matthew Derella, Kay Madati, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, USA
fuboTV to use Auth0 for authentication and social login
Mar 5, 2018 – Auth0 has announced that its identity management platform has been chosen by fuboTV. The streaming TV company’s subscriber base will use Auth0 for authentication and social login across a variety of platforms.
News categories: Auth0, fuboTV, Eugenio Pace, Sung Ho Choi, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Social TV, USA
ListenFirst releases State of Social TV Report
Jan 25, 2018 – ListenFirst has released its State of Social TV report with key insights into Facebook's organic reach, how consumers are engaging with TV properties on social media, audience make-up of consumers engaging with TV properties, and the rise of social branded content as a new advertising opportunity.
News categories: ListenFirst, Jason Klein, Digital TV, Market Research, Social TV
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA