Social TV / Social Networking News
Minerva acquires Live TV social platform, TOK.tv
Sep 3, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced the acquisition of TOK.tv. TOK.tv, whose mission is to allow people to 'never watch sports alone', enables millions of soccer fans to enjoy their favorite games while interacting with friends.
News categories: Minerva Networks, TOK.tv, Mauro Bonomi, Fabrizio Capobianco, Digital TV, MnA, Social TV, Worldwide
Hisense launches interactive Social TV set in China
Aug 20, 2019 – Hisense has launched its Social TV with Hi Table interactive system in China. Social TV with Hi Table features six-party video chat and cinema sharing to allow real-time chat with family and friends when they are watching TV shows and sports matches together.
News categories: Hisense, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Social TV
Samba TV measures effectiveness of Twitter in driving TV tune-in
Mar 28, 2019 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Twitter to measure the effectiveness of Twitter in driving tune-in. In a beta trial, Samba found an average lift of 28% in Verified Tune-in Rate (VTR) for the measured premiere episodes.
News categories: Samba TV, Twitter, Ashwin Navin, Tim Perzyk, Inna Kern, Michael Engleman, Big Data, Digital TV, Social TV, USA
DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
Jan 17, 2019 – OTT sports platform, DAZN, has been using the power of social video to bolster its brand awareness and drive subscription growth using Grabyo. Grabyo's platform enables DAZN to create, edit and publish video clips to social media moments after they happen.
News categories: Grabyo, DAZN, Gareth Capon, Reda Maher, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV
Conviva acquires social video insights company Delmondo
Nov 28, 2018 – Conviva has announced its acquisition of Delmondo. With the acquisition, Conviva will be able to unify real-time census-level streaming TV intelligence from apps and the web with content and audience intelligence from social media platforms.
News categories: Conviva, Delmondo, Bill Demas, Nick Cicero, Peter Scott, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Social TV, Worldwide
21st Century Fox invests $100m in social broadcasting platform Caffeine
Sep 5, 2018 – 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Caffeine have announced that 21CF has led a round of funding for social broadcasting platform, Caffeine. 21CF has invested a combined $100 million in Caffeine and a newly formed venture called Caffeine Studios.
News categories: 21st Century Fox, Caffeine, Lachlan Murdoch, Ben Keighran, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Twitter announces over 30 premium video content deals
Apr 30, 2018 – Twitter has returned to the Digital Content NewFronts with an expanded slate of live and original video programming. Over 30 new collaborations and renewals were announced across entertainment, news, sports, gaming and beyond.
News categories: Twitter, Matthew Derella, Kay Madati, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, USA
fuboTV to use Auth0 for authentication and social login
Mar 5, 2018 – Auth0 has announced that its identity management platform has been chosen by fuboTV. The streaming TV company’s subscriber base will use Auth0 for authentication and social login across a variety of platforms.
News categories: Auth0, fuboTV, Eugenio Pace, Sung Ho Choi, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Social TV, USA
ListenFirst releases State of Social TV Report
Jan 25, 2018 – ListenFirst has released its State of Social TV report with key insights into Facebook's organic reach, how consumers are engaging with TV properties on social media, audience make-up of consumers engaging with TV properties, and the rise of social branded content as a new advertising opportunity.
News categories: ListenFirst, Jason Klein, Digital TV, Market Research, Social TV
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks