Software (Media Players, Middleware, Browsers, Stacks, …) News
BitRouter provides ATSC 3.0 software for Airwavz.tv USB stick
Jan 9, 2019 – BitRouter and Airwavz.tv have announced the availability of BitRouter’s ATSC3pro ATSC 3.0 receiver software for Airwavz’s ATSC 3.0 RedZone Receiver USB stick. BitRouter will be showcasing at CES 2019.
News categories: BitRouter, Airwavz, Gopal Miglani, Bonnie Beeman, ATSC, CES2019, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2019 – Vewd has partnered with NOVATEK to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs. Adding Vewd OS to NOVATEK chipsets provides OEMs with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features.
News categories: Vewd, NOVATEK, Aneesh Rajaram, CES2019, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
TiVo releases churn analysis from its content discovery platform
Jan 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released the findings from a recent churn reduction analysis pulled from its Personalized Content Discovery Platform (PCD). Among some of the key findings uncovered were that churn is directly related to long-term audience retention.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Walt Horstman, Chris Ambrozic, Big Data, CES2019, Digital TV, USA, UX
Sky invests in Synamedia
Jan 8, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that Sky has taken a stake in the business, joining majority shareholder the Permira funds. Both Sky and its parent company Comcast are long-time Synamedia customers as well as strategic development partners.
News categories: Synamedia, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Griffith, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Technicolor integrates Viaccess-Orca DRM and player on Android TV STBs
Jan 8, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has teamed up with Technicolor to simplify the delivery of Android TV experiences. VO's DRM and secure VO Player have been integrated on STBs from Technicolor in full compliance with the TV Input Framework.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Technicolor, Chem Assayag, Gaëtan Delcroix, Android TV, CES2019, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES2019, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
BitRouter and Coherent Logix to show enhanced ATSC 3.0 receiver at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – BitRouter and Coherent Logix have enhanced the capabilities of their ATSC 3.0 receiver system. The base receiver consists of the PHY Layer running on a Coherent Logix processor and BitRouter’s middleware that targets ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receivers.
News categories: BitRouter, Coherent Logix, Gopal Miglani, Michael Doerr, ATSC, CES2019, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Roku announces Westinghouse Roku TV partnership
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Westinghouse as the newest brand to join the Roku TV licensing program. Westinghouse will use Roku's OS and reference design in HD models expected in the first half of 2019, and in 4K models later in the year.
News categories: Roku, Westinghouse, Chas Smith, Brett Hunt, CES2019, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO reveals SmartCast 3.0 with support for Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
Jan 7, 2019 – VIZIO has announced the latest iteration of its easy-to-use smart TV experience, VIZIO SmartCast 3.0, which offers unparalleled value to consumers through new seamless integrations, features and content offerings.
News categories: VIZIO, Bill Baxter, CES2019, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
- Blockgraph secure data sharing initiative adds industry partners
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda