Set Top Box (STB, PVR, DVR, CECB, IRD, DTA, Gateway, …) News
Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 9, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has integrated Widevine CAS on the Android TV platform. With Amlogic's 4K set-top box (STB) platform running Android 9 Pie, Amlogic's customers can design Android STBs integrated with Widevine CAS to secure premium content.
News categories: Amlogic, Widevine, James Xie, Brian Baker, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
CommScope to acquire ARRIS
Nov 8, 2018 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has agreed to acquire ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) in an all-cash transaction for $31.75 per share, or a total purchase price of approximately $7.4 billion, including the repayment of debt.
News categories: CommScope, ARRIS International, Eddie Edwards, Bruce McClelland, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TiVo reports 3Q 2018 results
Nov 7, 2018 – TiVo Corporation (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2018. The Company continues to explore all possible strategic alternatives to maximize value for its shareholders.
News categories: TiVo Corp, http://bit.ly/2D9PLED, Big Data, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Telkom and Netflix confirm partnership in South Africa
Nov 7, 2018 – Telkom has confirmed that it has secured a partnership with Netflix. The partnership is Netflix’s first such agreement with a South African telecommunications company. Netflix will be available via Telkom’s LIT TV Box.
News categories: Telkom SA, Netflix, Wanda Mkhize, Maria Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
Montage LZ selects Rambus CryptoMedia Core to secure STB ICs
Nov 1, 2018 – Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that its CryptoMedia core has been selected for integration into Montage LZ set-top box chips. The security core provides smart-card level security inside the chipset, eliminating the need for a separate smart card.
News categories: Rambus, Montage LZ, Dr. Martin Scott, Derek Chang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
DTG defines latest UK TV industry requirements with D-Book 11
Oct 31, 2018 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book, its technical standard for TV and DTT in the UK. The D-Book is updated annually with the collaboration of industry, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Freeview, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Orange Belgium updates STB UI and Orange TV mobile App
Oct 29, 2018 – Orange Belgium has started updating the decoders of its more than 155,000 Love customers all over the country. Plus, the latest version of the Orange TV app allows customers to pause/timeshift up to 1 hour whilst watching.
News categories: Orange, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
NAGRA secures Sky Italia’s new retail DVB-T pay-TV service
Oct 25, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Sky Italia have launched a DVB-T pay-TV service secured by NAGRA’s broadcast and direct-to-TV content protection technologies. The DTT service is available via an STB and CAMs for digital TVs.
News categories: NAGRA, Sky Italia, Carlo Stramaglia, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Dish TV India adds 200,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018
Oct 25, 2018 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018. Subscriber additions for the period were 200 thousand giving a closing net subscriber base of 23.5 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018
- Intertrust and moTV target Africa with joint streaming platform
- Verizon Digital Media and Unreel partner for D2C content delivery
- Comscore announces AMC Networks as Campaign Ratings beta partner
- SKY Perfect JSAT upgrades DTH headend with Harmonic
- DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
- Global SVOD revenues climb to $35 billion
- Accounting changes depress telecom and pay TV growth in 2018
- Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
- Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
- VSTV deploys ATEME TITAN video compression for DTH services
- Sweden's household spend on TV subscriptions now exceeds 330 SEK per month
- CommScope to acquire ARRIS
- SK Broadband selects dataxu to bring addressable TV to Asia
- Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
- TiVo reports 3Q 2018 results
- enTouch selects Minerva YourTV Now to deliver advanced Pay TV services
- Parks Associates lists 2018 top 10 U.S. SVOD services
- PeerLogix and FourthWall Media unify linear and streaming TV audiences