Set Top Box (STB, PVR, DVR, CECB, IRD, DTA, Gateway, …) News
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
Oct 16, 2017 – Greenwave Systems has announced a customer deployment of AXON Predict™, its real-time visual edge analytics solution with Kaon. This follows Greenwave's introduction of AXON Predict earlier this year as part of the company's AXON Platform.
News categories: Greenwave, KAON, Roger Gregory, Ted Grauch, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, QoE, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
BARC India to measure TV viewing using DEN Networks return path data
Oct 13, 2017 – TV viewership measurement in India is set to get a boost. BARC India has partnered with cable distribution giant DEN Networks for measuring TV viewership using Return Path Data (RPD) via its digital set top boxes (STBs).
News categories: BARC India, DEN Networks, Romil Ramgarhia, SN Sharma, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box
Kudelski agrees patent cross licensing collaboration with Roku
Oct 11, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced a patent cross license and technology collaboration agreement with Roku Inc. The agreement provides each company the freedom to operate with respect to the other’s patent portfolios.
News categories: Kudelski, Roku, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mariner xVu provides monitoring and analytics for MAXtv update in Croatia
Oct 11, 2017 – Mariner xVu has announced that Hrvatski Telekom (HT) has expanded its use of xVu software. The latest version of xVu will support the integration of HT's new middleware platform and STBs with the existing xVu deployment, providing monitoring and analytics for both.
News categories: Mariner xVu, Hrvatski Telekom, Marc Savoie, Hrvoje Jerković, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box
Megacable selects ThinkAnalytics for TV experience personalisation
Oct 11, 2017 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Megacable is now personalizing Xview pay-TV customers’ linear and VOD experiences on set-top boxes, online and on mobile apps with recommendations based on their viewing preferences.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Megacable, Rick Schiavinato, Oscar Gerardo Seifert, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Multiscreen, Set Top Box, UX
RiksTV deploys AdScribe audience measurement and analytics
Oct 10, 2017 – AdScribe has announced that RiksTV has deployed its audience measurement and analytics tool AdScribe Audience to accurately measure live TV; time-shift TV; catch-up TV; and VOD content viewed on connected set-top boxes; Android™ apps; and iOS devices.
News categories: AdScribe, RiksTV, Donal O'Connor, Ole Martin Andersen, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Norway, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Mirada wins multiscreen cable TV contract in Bolivia
Oct 6, 2017 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced a contract with Digital TV Cable Edmund, a Bolivian pay TV operator. Under the contract, Mirada will deploy its suite of Iris multiscreen products, including its OTT platform and back-end application, across Digital TV Cable's network.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV Cable Edmund, José Luis Vázquez, Elio Montes, Bolivia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Multiscreen, OTT, Set Top Box
Sky Q to get Voice Control this month
Oct 5, 2017 – Brand new features are coming to Sky Q, giving customers more control and personalisation. Sky Q customers will be able to enjoy features including enhanced Voice Control via the Sky Q touch remote, a personalised menu of favourite channels and an Ultra HD section in My Q.
News categories: Sky, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
- Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
- Czech HbbTV adopts header bidding solution from R2B2
- Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
- Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
- INSIGHT TV joins Amazon Channels line-up in UK and Germany
- US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining
- Asia Pacific AVOD to top North America by 2021
- 2.8 million SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries in Q2 2017
- BARC India to measure TV viewing using DEN Networks return path data
- Eutelsat announces acquisition of NOORSAT
- SNY chooses Mediaproxy for broadcast compliance and monitoring
- ATSC 3.0 launches in Korea with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
- R2B2 brings content targeting to ads on HbbTV
- Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to reach $411 billion in 2017
- Sigma Designs announces Smart TV business restructuring
- Kudelski agrees patent cross licensing collaboration with Roku
- Mariner xVu provides monitoring and analytics for MAXtv update in Croatia
- Megacable selects ThinkAnalytics for TV experience personalisation
- fuboTV passes 100k subscribers