Set Top Box (STB, PVR, DVR, CECB, IRD, DTA, Gateway, …) News
Ericsson MediaFirst available on Amlogic STB chipset
Mar 22, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Media Solutions and Amlogic have announced a collaboration to make Ericsson's MediaFirst middleware available on Amlogic's chipsets. The integration enables consumers to access content via MediaFirst set-top-boxes.
News categories: Ericsson, Amlogic, Marc Stauffacher, James Xie, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
Mar 15, 2018 – The CTA and NCTA have announced a four-year extension of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes, initially signed in 2012. The extended agreement is expected to save consumers energy and avoid CO2 emissions.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Conax secures Canal Digital 4K Android TV service
Mar 12, 2018 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced a collaboration with Nordic DTH operator Canal Digital to secure their new Android TV-based entertainment service, 'OnePlace'. OnePlace is now available to Canal Digital’s DTH customers across their Nordic footprint.
News categories: Conax, Canal Digital, Morten Solbakken, Henke Erichsen, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
OBS integrates DTVKit with Android
Mar 8, 2018 – OBS has announced that it has integrated DTVKit into Android using the TV Input Framework (TIF). This enables OEMs to provide access to broadcast DVB services on their Android powered devices. The DTVKit Android integration software is available to DTVKit members.
News categories: OBS, DTVKit, Paul Martin, Phil Evans, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DELTA selects Irdeto to protect new IPTV set-top box
Mar 8, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions and services to DELTA as it rolls out an all-IP service in The Netherlands. Irdeto partnered with Amino who are providing DELTA with a full end-to-end solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Amino, DELTA, Bengt Jonsson, Donald McGarva, Karl Heinz van der Made, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Netherlands, Set Top Box
ALi provides pre-integrated solution for Videocon d2h HD STBs
Mar 7, 2018 – ALi Corporation and Videocon d2h have announced that they have cooperated on the development of a next-generation HD set-top box solution. The SoC provided by ALi is pre-integrated with the software ecosystem of Videocon.
News categories: ALi Corp, Videocon d2h, Willis Chang, Saurabh Dhoot, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
BARC India partners with Airtel Digital TV for Return Path Data
Mar 7, 2018 – BARC India has tied up with Airtel Digital TV to include its subscriber homes in the BARC India Return Path Data (RPD) Panel. This partnership will provide fillip to BARC India’s plan of scaling up panel homes to multiples of the mandated 50,000.
News categories: BARC India, Airtel, Romil Ramgarhia, Sunil Taldar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
DVB launches new DVB-I initiative
Mar 5, 2018 – DVB has agreed terms of reference for a new DVB CM-I group for DVB-I (Internet). DVB CM-I will look into the commercial requirements for standalone linear TV services over broadband Internet.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thomas Stockhammer, Peter Lanigan, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sky and Netflix agree new European partnership
Mar 1, 2018 – Sky and Netflix have announced a partnership to bundle the full Netflix service into a Sky TV subscription pack. The partnership will give Sky customers access to Netflix through the Sky Q platform.
News categories: Netflix, Sky, Reed Hastings, Jeremy Darroch, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- SpotX granted certification renewal by the Trustworthy Accountability Group
- Ericsson MediaFirst available on Amlogic STB chipset
- ATEME reinforces partnership with MBC Group
- OBS implementation of CI Plus 1.4 ECP made available through DTVKit
- Indonesia's AMTV deploys end-to-end OTT solution from Harmonic and Veygo
- CANAL+ launches DTH pay TV in Myanmar on THAICOM 6
- Free TV and Broadcast Australia partner for DVB-T2 trials
- Global digital pay TV subscriptions pass one billion in 2017
- America's appetite for streaming video continues to grow
- Tata Sky mobile app’s video experience revived by Accedo
- More than 40 million devices now running RDK
- Intertrust DRM selected for milplusTV streaming service in Japan
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- LG partners with NIPA to promote webOS Open Source Edition
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV