Set Top Box (STB, PVR, DVR, CECB, IRD, DTA, Gateway, …) News
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, USA, Wireless
AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
May 23, 2018 – AirTV has officially launched. The AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, USA, Wireless
Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
May 21, 2018 – Oregan Networks has unveiled SparQ: the latest version of its advanced STB client middleware solution which captures the trend towards open source distributed development and cloud-based content delivery platforms.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development
May 21, 2018 – Sky has announced that it plans to build a dedicated innovation centre on its Osterley campus. The space will house engineers and developers focusing on innovation across Sky’s broadcast and streaming platforms, consumer products and other activities including VR.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, VR
Amino Launches 'Operation Upcycle'
May 21, 2018 – Amino has announced the launch of its global ‘Upcycling’ initiative, a new program that equips operators to create new and compelling video services while maximizing the value of deployed assets.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Mark Evensen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Gracenote launches data solution for device manufacturers offering live TV streaming
May 16, 2018 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a TV metadata and EPG solution from Gracenote which enables Smart TV and streaming device manufacturers that offer live TV streaming services to make their linear and on-demand content more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
BT TV to include the Amazon Prime Video app
May 16, 2018 – BT TV has announced plans to include the Amazon Prime Video app as part of the service in addition to Netflix. Customers will also be able to access Now TV from 2019. BT will be the first major UK TV platform to offer Prime Video through its set-top boxes.
News categories: BT Group, Marc Allera, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
T-2 selects Amino for 4K UHD rollout in Slovenia
May 15, 2018 – Amino has announced that it is to support T-2, one of Slovenia’s largest multi-service telecoms operators, in its launch of the country’s first 4K UHD TV services. Amino is deploying technology that will expand T-2’s service to include 4K UHD content and VOD.
News categories: Amino, T-2, Donald McGarva, Gregor Štampohar, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
- Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms
- 60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
- MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
- Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
- HiNet selects Anevia software to add further CDN capacity
- IAB Tech Lab proposes Data Transparency Framework for digital advertising
- AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
- Comcast considering superior all-cash offer to acquire 21st Century Fox
- QSC and Zattoo create white label triple play solution for municipal utilities
- SES showcases its first broadcast of 8K television
- Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
- Tremor Video DSP and Cuebiq partner for geo-behavioral targeting on connected TV
- XUMO viewing data added to Nielsen's Digital Content Ratings
- Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
- Tunity launches analytics division to measure OOH TV audience
- ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
- Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
- Brightcove launches OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
- More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
- Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development