Trinidad and Tobago Digital TV News
TSTT Deploys ADB Set-Top Boxes in Trinidad & Tobago
Mar 23, 2010 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX:ADBN) has announced that Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT) is deploying a variety of ADB set-top boxes as part of its effort to bring IPTV services to Trinidad and Tobago.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, TSTT, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago
Minerva Powers IPTV Deployment by Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago
Nov 10, 2009 – Telecommunications Services of Trinidad & Tobago (TSTT) has launched its Blink Entertainment IPTV service. The service offers high-definition (HD) programming, Video-on-Demand (VoD) and personal video recorder (PVR) options.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Blink Entertainment, TSTT, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Trinidad and Tobago
Green Dot Deploys Verimatrix's DVB Broadcast Content Security on Innovative DVB-T Network
Sep 10, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced the deployment of its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB by Green Dot. Green Dot is extending its infrastructure to deliver digital TV via a DVB-T wireless network in Trinidad and Tobago.
News categories: Verimatrix, Green Dot, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IBC2020, Terrestrial, Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago issues RFP for the Provision of Free To Air DTT Services
Aug 13, 2007 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago is inviting applications from interested persons to apply for a concession to provide Free-to-Air Television Broadcasting Services.
News categories: Broadcasting, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Trinidad and Tobago
NDS MediaHighway Middleware Deployed Across DIRECTV Latin America
Feb 14, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that its MediaHighway middleware, currently deployed on 41.6 million set-top boxes worldwide, is being downloaded to all DIRECTV Latin America L10 and L11 set-top boxes as well as the LR15 Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, DVR, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Middleware, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed