UK (United Kingdom, Great Britain & Northern Ireland) Digital TV News
Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
Sep 17, 2019 – Sky and Channel 4 have announced a partnership spanning content, technology and innovation. Channel 4 will use Sky’s AdSmart technology to deliver addressable ads across its portfolio of linear channels to both Sky and Virgin Media households.
News categories: Channel 4, Sky, Alex Mahon, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
Sep 13, 2019 – DOTSCREEN has announced its selection by Freesat as the developer of the operator's User Interface for its next HbbTV compliant set-top box. DOTSCREEN has already been working for Freenet TV in Germany and Fransat in France.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Freesat, Arris, Chandan Rajah, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2019, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Amazon brings more Fire TV Edition devices to Europe and North America
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a lineup of more than 15 new Fire TV Edition products, including the world’s first Fire TV Edition smart TV with built-in far-field voice control and the first OLED Fire TV Edition smart TV.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA, UX
Amazon introduces second generation Fire TV Cube
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced a new Fire TV Cube. The streaming media player features far-field voice control built directly into the device and is now available for pre-order in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, Germany, India, Japan, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK, USA
Simplestream powers Channel 4's Parasport and 2020 Paralympics online service
Sep 2, 2019 – Simplestream has built an accessible video platform and responsive website for Channel 4’s online coverage of Para Sport and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. The service is provisioned to handle multiple live concurrent streams, on-demand video and includes adaptive bitrate encoding (ABR) for up to 10 profiles.
News categories: Simplestream, Channel 4, Dan Finch, Pete Andrews, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
Aug 15, 2019 – Sky Media has announced that it has partnered with BVA BDRC, Differentology and Affectiva to measure the impact of addressable TV campaigns using its AdSmart product. The extensive study included facial coding and emotional analytics.
News categories: Sky Media, Jamie West, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 54,900 for 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB/LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. The company's continuing operations ended the quarter with 8.44 million video subscribers, a reduction of 54,900 on an organic basis in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks