USA (United States of America) Digital TV News
Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
Jan 17, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Cox Media Group have announced a renewal agreement for television and audio measurement services. The agreement covers all Cox Media Group's local television and radio stations as well as CoxReps and Videa.
News categories: Nielsen, Cox Media Group, Megan Clarken, Kim Guthrie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
Jan 16, 2019 – Research from The Diffusion Group (TDG) finds that, while subscriber reaction to Netflix’s recent price increase varies relative to degree, even minor variations may have significant implications.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
Jan 16, 2019 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) has announced the launch of STIRR, a free, ad-supported streaming service that includes access to popular channels, a VoD library and a local channel featuring programming based on a user's location.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Adam Ware, Digital TV, OTT, USA
16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
Jan 16, 2019 – Research from Parks Associates finds that 16% of U.S. broadband households admit to sharing their passwords for their video service accounts with other people, and that service providers will have a difficult time moving subscribers to new methods of password-free authentication.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
Jan 15, 2019 – Findings from MRI’s Cord Evolution research show that Americans watch TV or video in groups almost half (48%) of their total viewing time. In addition, 49% of all adults report that they are 'co-viewing' more often now than they did three years ago.
News categories: MRI, Amy Hunt, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
Jan 15, 2019 – Synacor (Nasdaq: SYNC) and Shorts International have announced the integration of Synacor’s Cloud Identity Platform with the ShortsTV streaming App. Current subscribers to the ShortsTV channel in the US can contact their provider to access on-demand content.
News categories: Synacor, Shorts International, Himesh Bhise, Carter Pilcher, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
Jan 15, 2019 – SpotX has announced the release of its '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report. Based on a combination of third-party data as well as insight from industry players, the report identifies four important trends that the industry can expect to see this year.
News categories: SpotX, Mike Shehan, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
Jan 14, 2019 – NBCUniversal has announced the planned launch of a new streaming service providing consumers access to premium content for free, with valuable partnership opportunities for advertisers and distributors.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Bonnie Hammer, Steve Burke, Maggie Suniewick, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, USA
Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
Jan 14, 2019 – Syncbak has announced the launch of the industry’s first straight-to-OTT syndication marketplace, MarketSync. Less than a year after launching SBTV, the company will unveil the MarketSync content marketplace and app at NATPE this month.
News categories: Syncbak, Gray Television, Jack Perry, Hilton Howell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8