USA (United States of America) Digital TV News
317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
Sep 24, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of SVOD subscriptions in the U.S. will climb from 203 million in 2019 to 317 million by 2025 despite this being the most mature market in the world.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, USA
U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
Sep 22, 2020 – While pandemic-driven lockdowns may have benefited certain forms of media, traditional pay TV is not one of them. According to eMarketer, cable, satellite, and telecom TV providers will lose the most subscribers ever.
News categories: eMarketer, Eric Haggstrom, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
Sep 22, 2020 – SpotX has announced programmatic solutions for linear addressable TV. The solutions are in part built in support Project OAR. SpotX is also powering programmatic executions within traditional STBs owned by MVPDs.
News categories: SpotX, The Trade Desk, AMC Networks, Project OAR, Matt McLeggon, Jon Tabak, Evan Adlman, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
Sep 16, 2020 – BrightLine has announced BrightLink, a CTV platform and portal that delivers monetization tools and ad capabilities for OTT TV providers. BrightLink is a unification and expansion of the company's supply-side TV services suite.
News categories: BrightLine, Jacqueline Corbelli, Rob Aksman, Jennifer Gardner, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
Sep 15, 2020 – Verizon Media has launched OTT Smart Auction, a header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers. OTT Smart Auction enables OTT programmatic demand to compete with reserved demand in a real-time auction on a publisher's ad server.
News categories: Verizon Media, Iván Markman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
Sep 15, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has unveiled 'Paramount+' as the brand name for the company’s upcoming global streaming service. CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ in early 2021 as part of the service expansion.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Marc DeBevoise, Australia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
On Addressability playbook launched
Sep 14, 2020 – The founding members of On Addressability – Charter’s Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising and Cox Media – have announced the launch of the On Addressability playbook to help the television industry 'turn on' addressability.
News categories: On Addressability, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
ITN Networks selects LoopMe for Linear and Connected TV analytics
Sep 14, 2020 – ITN Networks has announced a partnership with LoopMe to expand advanced audience measurement and targeting for U.S. national advertisers across customized linear, over-the-top (OTT) and connected TV (CTV) video networks.
News categories: LoopMe, ITN Networks, Elle Donner, Mike Hardy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Inscape And Kinetiq link TV brand exposure and data from connected TVs
Sep 9, 2020 – Inscape and Kinetiq have are to combine Inscape's glass-level insights from more than 15 million smart TVs with Kinetiq's real-time program and ad metadata mined from cable and broadcast networks and stations in the U.S.
News categories: Kinetiq, Inscape, Kevin Kohn, Greg Hampton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution