Venture Capital (VC) News
iflix secures new round of funding
Jul 22, 2019 – iflix has announced the finalisation of a round of investment ahead of its prospective IPO. The round was cornerstoned by Fidelity International. iflix also added media companies MNC, Yoshimoto Kogyo and JTBC to the register.
News categories: iflix, Patrick Grove, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
May 15, 2019 – MainStreaming has announced it has secured $6 million in a new round of funding, bringing its total raised to over $10 million. This round was led by Indaco Venture Partners SGR, together with Sony Innovation Fund and existing investor, United Ventures.
News categories: MainStreaming, Indaco, Sony Innovation Fund, Antonio Corrado, Alvise Bonivento, Gen Tsuchikawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Sky participates in You.i TV Series C funding round
May 9, 2019 – Sky has invested in You.i TV. The investment is part of the larger You.i TV Series C funding announced in November 2018, and displays Sky’s commitment to backing innovative companies that help connect consumers to content they want to watch.
News categories: You.i TV, NOW TV, Sky, Jason Flick, David Beazley, Digital TV, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
VideoAmp raises $70 million in new funding
May 1, 2019 – VideoAmp has announced that it has raised $70 million in new funding led by The Raine Group. The Raine Group invested $50 million in this growth round of financing, with Ankona Capital contributing an additional $20 million.
News categories: VideoAmp, The Raine Group, Ankona Capital, Ross McCray, Erik Hodge, Peter Liguori, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Venture Capital
Tru Optik closes $10 million venture round
Apr 3, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced the close of a $10 million venture round. The funds will allow Tru Optik to increase its sales and marketing activity, accelerate international growth, expand its OTT Household Graph and extend its capabilities across other forms of addressable advertising.
News categories: Tru Optik, Mithera Capital, Andre Swanston, Mark Feldman, Matt Spiegel, Colin Petrie-Norris, Aleck Schleider, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Applicaster secures $20M growth funding
Mar 26, 2019 – Applicaster has announced a $20M growth round of funding. The funding round, led by Viola Growth and backed by further investment from 83 North, Pitango, Saban Ventures, and Planven Investments, will be used to expand the company’s global presence and product set.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Eran Westman, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Venture Capital, Worldwide
CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
Feb 11, 2019 – CuriosityStream has announced approximately $140 million in private placement funding to fuel the company's next phase of growth. New investors include Blum Capital Ventures and TimesSquare Capital Management.
News categories: CuriosityStream, Clint Stinchcomb, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
You.i TV adds $23m in growth capital
Nov 13, 2018 – You.i TV has announced the closing of a USD $23M in growth capital led by Causeway Media Partners, joined by the Company’s early backers WarnerMedia, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, and Vistara Capital Partners.
News categories: You.i TV, Causeway Media Partners, Jason Flick, Stuart Russell, Bob Higgins, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV