Watermarking (digital copyright protection) News
NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
Mar 19, 2019 – At NAB Show, NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) will demonstrate its latest technologies in content protection, anti-piracy services, watermarking, and active content monetization at the Las Vegas Convention Center from April 8-11, 2019.
News categories: NAGRA, Tom Wirth, Big Data, Middleware, NABShow, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Aire Networks adds forensic watermarking from Verimatrix
Feb 27, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that Spanish network operator Aire Networks has extended its investment in its Video Content Authority System framework to maximize security for the TV Everywhere streaming offered by its Perseo TV premium OTT services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Aire Networks, Steve Oetegenn, Manuel Monserrate, Digital TV, MWC19, Spain, TV Everywhere, Watermarking
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA, Watermarking
NexGuard forensic watermarking integrated with Amazon Cloudfront CDN
Nov 19, 2018 – NAGRA's NexGuard watermarking has been integrated with Amazon's Cloudfront CDN. The combination has been deployed by a major Hollywood studio, enabling the content owner to securely stream its video content to viewers across the world.
News categories: NAGRA, Amazon, Harrie Tholen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Friend MTS integrates with Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM for Live Sports
Sep 17, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that Intertrust has integrated ASiD OTT subscriber-level watermarking with its ExpressPlay DRM client SDK and multi-DRM service to provide a secure and fast-to-market OTT video player solution.
News categories: Friend MTS, Intertrust, Simon Hanna, Tom Carroux, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
NAGRA NexGuard watermarking integrated with Inside Secure downloadable security
Sep 11, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its NexGuard QuickMark watermarking solution for open devices has been integrated with Inside Secure’s Content Protection Client, allowing live TV streaming services to benefit from enhanced content protection in a secure and robust implementation.
News categories: NAGRA, Inside Secure, Harrie Tholen, Simon Wilson Blake, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Watermarking, Worldwide
ContentArmor video watermarking integrated with castLabs Video Toolkit
Aug 28, 2018 – castLabs and ContentArmor have announced a collaboration to integrate session-based video watermarking with castLabs' Video Toolkit for OTT and in-flight entertainment (IFE) deployments.
News categories: castLabs, ContentArmor, Michael Stattmann, Alain Durand, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Friend MTS announces watermarking interoperability with AWS Elemental MediaConvert
Aug 9, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced interoperability with its Distribution iD watermarking and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elemental MediaConvert to provide an added layer of security against streaming piracy for on-demand video.
News categories: Friend MTS, AWS Elemental, Simon Hanna, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance shows how forensic watermarking helps combat online video piracy
Jul 24, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance (the Alliance) has announced the publication of a technical document that provides considerations for implementing forensic watermarking as a tactic for combatting the piracy of online video content.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
- 29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
- Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance to debut at NAB Show 2019
- Cablecolor partners with moTV for hybrid TV in Honduras
- Global theatrical and home entertainment market at $96.8bn in 2018
- 24i Media acquires StreamOne
- Tencent Video subscriptions up 58% to 89 million at end-2018
- TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
- Local online video actors particularly strong in the Nordics
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019