Allegro Showcases New Encoder Features at IBC 2009Tuesday, September 8th, 2009
Allegro Will be Demonstrating its Updated MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Products Now With HD and iPhone Support at Stand F90, Hall 1
PARIS — At IBC 2009, Allegro will be presenting a host of new features now delivered with its audio/video encoders.
The AL1000 audio/video encoder and AL2000 transcoder ingest SDI, MPEG-2 or H.264 real-time content and deliver it transcoded to a variety of formats perfectly suited to IPTV, Picture-in-Picture (PiP), Internet TV and Mobile TV.
AL1000/AL2000 new features include:
- Up to 32 channels in 1RU.
- HD H.264 encoding and frame-rate doubling (1080i to 720p).
- Live multi-bitrate streaming to iPhone 3.0.
- Announced: live multi-bitrate streaming to Silverlight 3.
- 3GPP bitrate adaptation (BSS).
- WM multi-rate encoding and WM-DRM encryption.
Other Allegro products include:
- ALMosaic generator for channel browsing or monitoring with audio bargraphs and alarms. Full frame-rate thumbnails. Ingests up to 20 MPEG-2 or H.264, MP1L2 and AC-3 inputs. Output resolution up to HD.
- H.264 compliance and certification bitstreams for testing embedded H.264 decoders (IP/IC, STB). Support for syntax and real-time validation up to Level 4.2, A/V sync, aspect ratio and AFD, DVB-T, ISDB-T, DTMB, DVB-Subtitle, Teletext and Closed Caption.
- H.264 real-time hardware encoder IP block (RTL) for integration in SoCs. Ultra low latency, high definition, high profile, high quality encoder.