CableLabs issues 'Set-Back Box' specificationFriday, January 22nd, 2010
CableLabs has issued its OpenCable Host Thin Chassis Device Core Functional Requirements Specification (HOSTTC-CFR).
The document describes the requirements for the OpenCable Host Thin Chassis Device (OCTCD).
The goals and objectives of the OCTCD are:
- Reduce the cost of OpenCable-compliant set-top devices;
- To receive digital premium (scrambled) cable services via an interface with a CableLabs-Qualified CableCARD Device;
- To support interactive and two-way services through standardized Out-Of-Band (OOB) and DOCSIS® data channels and direct connection to the cable plant.
Below is more detail on the basic functionality of the OpenCable Host Thin Chassis Device.
- Digital QAM signal processing only;
- Two-way connectivity support via both ANSI/SCTE 55-1,-2 OOB and DOCSIS with DSG functionality;
- OpenCable Application Platform (OCAP) support;
- MPEG2 Main Profile @ Main Level ([email protected]) Standard Definition and Main Profile @ High Level ([email protected]) High-Definition decoding;
- AVC Main and High Profile @Level 3.0 and 4.0 that cover Standard and High Definition decoding as specified in [SCTE 128];
- MPEG-1 audio (Layer I, II & III);
- MPEG-4 AAC, MPEG-4 HE-AAC and MPEG-4 HE-AAC-v2 audio;
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) output (source) with CEC capability and HDCP encryption.
More: OpenCable Specifications