Zoran Delivering HDTV 1080p Technology Platforms for Internet Connected TVs for Europe, Brazil, China, Japan & Other RegionsMonday, May 3rd, 2010
Connected High Definition Flat Panel Televisions Running on Zoran’s SupraHD® 675 HDTV Processors Shipping to Europe & Australia
SUNNYVALE, CA — Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ: ZRAN), a global leader in semiconductors for consumer electronics, announced that Internet Connected high definition flat panel televisions using Zoran’s SupraHD® 675 HDTV processors started shipping to Europe and Australia this quarter.
Additional SupraHD® 675 HDTV platforms optimized for Brazil, China and Japan will be available next quarter for qualified manufacturers developing Internet connected high definition digital television products for these high-growth regional markets as Connected televisions enter mainstream consumer retail channels.
According to DisplaySearch analyst Paul Gray, “Over 57 million flat panel TVs with digital broadcast decoders shipped to markets outside the US during 2009. DisplaySearch forecasts these shipments will increase to 160 million units in 2013, due primarily to expansion in emerging Asian and Latin American markets. In 2013, we expect that more than 40% of these TVs will ship with Internet Connectivity.”
The SupraHD® 675 HDTV platform includes an option for combining with the next generation SupraFRC®201 object-based Frame Rate Conversion (FRC) solution, which delivers top-of-the-line video performance for 100/120Hz, or 200/240Hz DTVs.
Highly Integrated European Solution
The SupraHD® 675 HDTV platform integrates all the components, including the DVB-T demodulator, required to replace existing multichip solutions with a better quality and more cost-effective product. With over five years’ experience supplying the European DVB-T market, Zoran offers proven turn-key solutions including in-house middleware for Pan-European support. With its superior integration level and full featured software support, TV manufacturers can deploy SupraHD® 675 processor-based HDTVs to all European markets, including UK MHEG-5 and NorDig markets. Advanced DVB-T2 systems are supported using an external demodulator.
“Delivering these processor platforms that comply with the most advanced European TV requirements are important milestones supporting Zoran’s global connected DTV strategy. We are also working with our customers to provide platforms that deliver the same high performance in HDTVs that meet the advanced requirements specific to other growing market regions in Asia and the rest of the world,” said Mustafa Ozgen, vice president and general manager Zoran’s Digital TV Business Unit, Home Entertainment division.
Complete System Solution
The SupraHD® 675 product family platforms include all the key circuitries needed for delivering high performance Full HD 1080p DTV products to the expanding worldwide DVB-T, DMB-T and ISDB-T markets including:
- Multi-format high definition video decoder supporting worldwide internet and broadcast compression standards including H.264, MPEG-2/4, and VC-1
- High performance CPU subsystem enabling robust connected TV applications
- Advanced audio decoding, transcoding and post processing, including UK Audio Descriptor support
- Analog TV reception including NICAM audio processor
- Multiple HDMI 1.3 ports with Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) software enabling control of the TV by Set-Top boxes, Blu-Ray and DVD players
- Advanced video processing, color correction, sharpness and noise reduction algorithms providing the best picture quality available
- Common Interface module controller enabling direct access to pay-TV services without a Set-top box
- LCD Timing Controller and Overdrive support eliminating costly panel components
- Low power consumption during operation and stand-by supporting new ENERGY STAR 3.0 requirements
Qualified Zoran customers receive complete end-to-end Full-HD reference platforms, firmware and support from experienced local teams that enable delivery of multiple DTV models quickly to market.