Malta - Making Digital Broadcasting Accessible to AllTuesday, September 18th, 2007
A Policy and Strategy for Digital Broadcasting that meets General Interest Objectives
This Consultation Document proposes a policy and implementation strategy in respect of digital terrestrial broadcasting that meets clearly defined General Interest Objectives (GIOs) and puts forward for public consultation proposals relative to:
- the criteria that will be used to classify a broadcast channel as one meeting GIOs;
- the process to be used by the Broadcasting Authority to allot capacity to the qualifying broadcasts;
- the relationship between must-carry obligations and GIOs
- the application of must-carry obligations across transmission platforms; and
- the conditions attached to the usage of frequencies reserved for broadcasting that meets GIOs.