Alticast Showcases Array of Innovative iTV Products at IBC ConferenceSaturday, September 11th, 2010
Including Social Media on TV, Hybrid and OTT Services, Advanced Wii-Style UI’s, and New N-Screen Service Enabling Content to Be Viewed Over Multiple Platforms and Mobile Devices at Same Time
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands — IBC 2010 Conference, RAI Convention Center, Hall 1, booth C35 — Alticast, the world-wide leader in deployed interactive television solutions, announced today it will showcase an array of innovative iTV products and services at the IBC conference September 10-14, 2010. These include a new Social Media application that marries TV with interactive community and content; Wii-style UIs and guides; and new N-Screen Service enabling TV programs and movies to be viewed over multiple platforms and mobile devices at same time.
“Alticast has emerged as a key ingredient powering the new class of connected devices and interactive applications and services that are changing the way we consume entertainment in the digital home. The breadth and depth of our IBC 2010 demos underscores once again how Alticast continues to drive innovation across the industry for broadcasters, operators, and telcos, while helping them meet ever-increasing demands for IPTV and mobile iTV,” said Anthony Smith-Chaigneau, Managing Director of Alticast GmbH.
Alticast demos at IBC 2010 include:
- N-screen Service — A service that combines mobile Smartphone devices and set top boxes allowing the viewing of the same TV programs and movies over multiple platforms
- Social Networking Application — application enabling viewers to interact with Social Media in an intuitive non-obtrusive manner on their TV; facilitates a live community conversation focused around content and other social media features
- Next Generation UI — The latest GEM-based content navigation UI developed, offers a truly innovative and immersive UI experience that includes Wii-style navigation
- Over-The-Top TV (OTT) — seamless consumer experience for accessing linear content through the broadcast network on a TV set, as well as non-linear services such as Catch-up TV and Video on Demand via the IP network
- iDTV — Alticast-powered Integrated Digital TV combining all the features of a TV and STB in one device
- Viewer measurement — collects and analyzes metrics from the set top box. This valuable data can be used to help operators understand how subscribers interact with channels, VOD, PPV and iTV applications
- Remote monitoring system — collects and analyzes data from key network components like CMTS, cable modems, and set top boxes to help operators monitor the health of their live plant and troubleshoot network and device issues
Demonstrations will take place at the RAI Convention Center, hall 1, booth 1.C35
For the past 10 years, Alticast has been developing and deploying scalable, end-to-end solutions that drive innovation in interactive television. The company’s proven technology enables operators, programmers and advertisers to rollout hybrid interactive services that engage audiences and increase revenues. For manufacturers, the Alticast mature, standards-based firmware products reduce time-to-market, provide competitive advantage and decrease product costs.
To that end Alticast recently announced it launched with Icareus Interactive TV Games in Taiwan.
Innovation like this is why Alticast partners with a Who’s Who of industry heavyweights including Intel Corp., STMicroelectronics, Broadcom, Cisco Systems, Samsung, LG Electronics, and Humax, who rely on the company’s products as a core technology in their STBs, Blu-ray Disc players, and hybrid video devices.