TiVo® HD DVR Available Nationwide From DIRECTVThursday, February 9th, 2012
TiVo and DIRECTV Back Together Again
ALVISO, CA — TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), the creator of and a leader in advanced television services including digital video recorders (DVRs), announced today the nationwide availability of the TiVo® HD DVR from DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV), which enables DIRECTV customers to once again enjoy the world-famous TiVo service seamlessly integrated with their DIRECTV service.
“DIRECTV customers nationwide can now experience the TiVo HD DVR from DIRECTV, which combines TiVo’s award-winning user interface with DIRECTV’s great lineup of HD programming,” said David Sandford, Vice President, General Manager of TiVo’s service provider business. “With the introduction of this product, DIRECTV customers can again experience TiVo’s gold-standard interface, easy-to-use peanut remote and Swivel™ Search feature, which allow users to effortlessly find their favorite shows in HD across television and on DIRECTV CINEMA.”
With the TiVo® HD DVR from DIRECTV, users can:
- Easily set Season Pass Recordings that will automatically record all of a user’s favorite shows each week so they’ll never miss an episode
- Create WishList® Searches, which allow users to set up automatic recordings for TV shows and movies based on keywords — such as their favorite actor’s name, sports team or personal interest
- Take advantage of the TiVo Suggestions feature which intuitively discovers users’ favorite shows and automatically, records similar shows
- Effortlessly find their favorite shows in HD across television and on DIRECTV Cinema
- Record up to 100 hours of HD programming or 400 hours of SD shows
- Record two shows at once
- Access more than 7,000 on-demand movies and shows at no extra charge
“We are pleased to answer the call of TiVo fans by making the new TiVo HD DVR from DIRECTV available nationwide,” said Tony Goncalves, senior vice president, Product Management, DIRECTV. “DIRECTV has a long-standing reputation for offering our customers the best in advanced programming and services and they now have even more DVR options with this new TiVo-enabled platform.”
This nationwide announcement follows TiVo and DIRECTV’s initial ten-market deployment this past December.