Antix Labs and Broadcom Collaborate On Anytime, Anywhere HD Game ServiceTuesday, March 19th, 2013
High-Performance Set-Top Box Devices from Broadcom Integrate Antix Game-Related Native Services
- Delivers executable, interactive games to broad range of high performance and efficient STB platforms from Broadcom
- Enables deployment of a single game SKU that utilizes the full power of Broadcom hardware and software
- Eliminates the need for FLASH/HTML5, emulation or virtual machine solutions to deliver high quality media
LONDON — TV Connect — Antix Labs today announced it is working with Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM) on an integrated service that delivers executable, interactive games to consumer home devices, including smartphones, tablets and television set-top boxes (STB). The combined offering integrates Broadcom’s full breadth of silicon and advanced IPTV, cable and satellite STB technology solutions with the Antix Game Service (AGS).
The Antix Game Service is a scalable solution for the STB market that supports game development, discovery, delivery, store and payment and addresses security, performance and usability needs. It makes games even more viral than music and video while still protecting the rights and the revenues of the developers.
When using the Antix Game Service, end users benefit from:
- High performance native game capabilities deliver high quality media without the overhead and limitations of FLASH/HTML5, emulation or virtual machine solutions
- Ability to copy and share games across devices and enjoy uninterrupted play (from television to mobile devices and vice versa) irrespective of network availability
- Breakthrough methods that make TV game payments by phone and tablet easy
- Use of mobile and tablet devices as game controllers for fast-action games that are unsuitable for an IR remote
Service providers benefit from:
- A method for deploying and updating a single SKU that utilizes Broadcom’s full breadth of silicon and depth of integration for a full range of devices from basic phones to advanced STBs
- Secure delivery and execution of games in conjunction with other Broadcom security initiatives and capabilities, thereby minimizing the risk of game piracy
- Increased revenue by using the STB to share games across mobiles, tablets and PCs and submit user charges directly to service provider store
- Branded or white label game store options (or integration with existing content stores)
Francis Charig, the founder of Antix, said, “Consumers increasingly expect advanced and integrated game solutions. Broadcom is ideally positioned to help Antix and its customer base deliver such a service. I’m very excited about the prospects of our collaboration.”
Nicholas Dunn, Broadcom’s Vice President of Marketing for the Broadband Satellite Group, said, “Antix offers a comprehensive multi-platform game service and represents the fastest route to market for partners seeking the benefits that native gaming brings to both revenue generation and churn reduction.”
Antix and Broadcom will demonstrate the combined solution at TV Connect 2013 at Olympia London (March 19-21). Antix is the Gold Sponsor for the free to attend ‘Gaming Connect’ sessions being held in the Connected Innovation Theatre on March 19.