Entropic reports third quarter 2013 resultsTuesday, October 29th, 2013
SAN DIEGO — Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, today reported its third quarter results for the period ended September 30, 2013. Entropic reported third quarter net revenues of $56.4 million. This compares to net revenues of $70.6 million in the second quarter of 2013, and $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012.
New Design Wins
Entropic announced new design wins across the following product lines:
- Set-Top Box (STB) System-on-a-Chip (SoC) Product Line:
- Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd. (J:COM), the largest multiple system operator in Japan, unveiled its first IP-based Video-on-Demand (VOD) STB using an Entropic-powered PIXELA solution.
- Telefonica Czech Republic deployed a new interactive Eagle Kingdom Technologies (EKT) IP-STB featuring Entropic’s STB SoC.
- LG CNS, the leading IT services company in South Korea, selected Entropic’s Verimatrix-certified, high-performance hybrid STB SoC to deliver a secure and powerful TV viewing experience.
- Discrete Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®) Product Line:
- Entropic announced its EN2510 is powering the Actiontec WCB3000, the latest MoCA-to-Wi-Fi® network adapter in Actiontec’s Whole Home Wireless portfolio.
- Direct Broadcast Satellite Outdoor Unit (DBS ODU) Product Line:
- Entropic and Wistron NeWeb Corporation (WNC) delivered DBS ODU systems for use at Sky Italia and Canal Digital.
- Entropic and Prime extended their reach in the Brazilian DBS ODU market by deploying a new Low Noise Block (LNB) solution at a leading Brazilian satellite operator.
- Broadband Access:
- Jiuzhou integrated Entropic’s c.LINK® 1.1 Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) solution into its High Definition (HD) STBs.
- Alticast: Entropic and Alticast demonstrated Reference Design Kit (RDK) STB solutions at multiple trade events in Q3 2013, which highlighted Alticast’s proven RDK integration expertise on Entropic’s powerful SoC platform.
- Irdeto: Entropic announced its EN75xx family of highly-integrated HD STB SoC solutions support Irdeto Media Protection.
- OmniPhy: OmniPhy announced its Video Display IP Group shipped a new Silicon Intellectual Property platform to Entropic to support HDMI 2.0 TX and RX standards for the Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) market.