Dolphin Integration announces audio converter IP for set-top box ICsMonday, February 9th, 2015
The new generation of PWM audio DAC for Set-Top-Boxes at 28 nm and 40 nm
GRENOBLE, France — Dolphin Integration announces the rollout of the third generation of audio converters with the sDACa-MT1.03, an ultra dense DAC with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for audio applications. This new product is delivered as a Virtual Component of Silicon IP with a set of application schematics enabling the user to select a solution optimized for the targeted performances while guaranteeing the lowest cost of Bill-of-Material.
The configuration flexibility of this audio DAC enables to support a large set of output peripherals, such as:
- A sound amplifier with analog inputs
- A sound amplifier with digital inputs
- A line output (up to 6 Vrms)
- 16/32/50 Ω headphones
This stereo DAC has been designed to support most worldwide STB standards. Thanks to its flexibility, such a Silicon IP is also suitable for various other applications such as wireless speakers, digital radio or Smart TV. The sDACa-MT1.03 can reach performances up to 105 dB of SNR with its application schematics. Moreover, its small silicon area, under 0.1 mm2 at 28 nm, combined with a reduced pin count and a low-cost Bill-of-Material offer the perfect match for developing cost effective SoCs targeting high volume markets.
- Anti Pop-up Noise control signal
- Spread-spectrum feature for safe integration with RF transceivers
- PLL-less feature to prevent jitter issues on the DAC master clock
- Jerkless feature to prevent performance drops due to jitter on the audio signal
- Optionally delivered with a voice trigger enabling to detect voice and wake-up the rest of SoC
- Delivered with advanced views enabling Noise Propagation Checks (NPC)
- Logic design, enabling to save test cost thanks to pure logic SCAN test
At 40 nm SMIC and 28 nm TSMC but readily retargetable from 180 nm to 28 nm in most foundry processes.
Available on request.