Silicon Image introduces world's first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processorMonday, March 16th, 2015
Silicon Image Introduces World’s First superMHL™/HDMI 2.0 Port Processor for Next Generation Home Theater Devices
- SiI9779 Supports 8K 60fps Video Resolution and Immersive Object Audio Through the Reversible superMHL Connector
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Silicon Image, a leading provider of multimedia connectivity solutions and services and a Lattice Semiconductor company, today announced the world’s first superMHL™/HDMI® 2.0 port processor – the SiI9779. The SiI9779 supports superMHL, the MHL Consortium’s latest specification, which is ideal for the home theater/CE market and delivers 8K 60fps video resolution and immersive object audio.
Manufacturers can use the SiI9779 to create a new generation of products, enabling consumers to connect superMHL 8K source devices to TVs and monitors using the user friendly, reversible superMHL connector. The superMHL input also enables MHL mobile devices to deliver resolutions of 4K 60fps and beyond through existing and new connectors such as the USB Type-C with MHL Alt Mode. Three HDMI 2.0 inputs allow connections to existing Blu-ray Disc™ players, AVRs, streaming media sticks, and other source devices. Full support for HDCP 2.2 ensures the secure delivery of premium content.
“Silicon Image continues to help define and create new interfaces for tomorrow’s home theater products,” said Cheng Hwee Chee, senior director of marketing at Silicon Image. “8K is the highest display resolution on the market today, delivering 16x more pixels than 1080p. Our solution enables manufacturers to build products that meet customer demand and anticipate future needs.”
The SiI9779 port processor supports:
- One superMHL input and three HDMI 2.0 inputs for display applications
- One superMHL output for source applications such as STBs
- 8K 60fps video resolution as outlined in the superMHL specification
- New, reversible 32-pin superMHL connector
- USB Type-C with MHL Alt Mode
- High Dynamic Range (HDR), Deep Color, BT.2020
- Object audio – Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X, 3D audio, audio-only mode
- High bit-rate audio extraction
- HDCP 2.2 premium content protection