Windstream to offer Kinetic TV in a second U.S. marketFriday, October 9th, 2015
Windstream Approved to Bring Kinetic TV Service to Lexington, Kentucky
- Urban County Council approves franchise agreement for Windstream to launch its next-generation television service in second U.S. market
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN), a leading provider of advanced network communications, yesterday received approval from the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government for a cable TV franchise agreement that would bring its Kinetic television service to the homes of more than 50,000 Lexington, Kentucky residents.
Leveraging a 100 percent fiber-backed network, the total entertainment option will give users a wide array of features and the highest quality video entertainment.
“Windstream is thrilled to have the opportunity to bring Lexington residents our next-generation TV service, Kinetic,” said Sarah Day, senior vice president of Small Business and Consumer at Windstream. “We look forward to providing choice to the community, and for residents here to experience our interactive and innovative television service.”
Pending full execution of the agreement, eligible households would be able to sign up for Kinetic service as soon as late fall. These residents will also be able to take advantage of Kinetic in conjunction with Windstream’s high-speed Internet and phone service through competitively priced, bundled packages.
Transforming the Viewer Experience
Powered by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform, Kinetic offers an innovative user experience coupled with features that subscribers want and deserve from a TV provider. With Kinetic, customers will receive fast, high-quality, interactive television with features that include:
- High Definition (HD) at no additional charge: Get the TV you love on the stations you know, many included in HD;
- Free Whole Home DVR: Watch and record up to four shows at once. Pause & play live TV;
- Wireless Set Top Box: Watch TV in any room in your house without worrying about cable ports;
- Video On-Demand: Watch shows and movies from an extensive library of on-demand programming;
- Instant Channel Change: Surf channels with no lag between channel changes.
Windstream’s expansion of Kinetic to Lexington is demonstrative of the company’s continued commitment to the community, and is the second Kinetic market following its launch in Lincoln, Nebraska last spring. To preview the Kinetic product available in Lincoln, visit Windstream.com/KineticLaunch.