Kudelski Group announces its 2015 annual resultsThursday, February 18th, 2016
CHESEAUX, Switzerland — The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S), the world’s leading provider of media content protection and value-added service technology, announced today its 2015 annual results.
In 2015, the Group strengthened its position in the TV market with a series of new contracts and deployments where NAGRA continues to emerge as the platform of choice in the service provider consolidation momentum. The most significant players in the industry have extended their partnership with NAGRA, using some of the Group’s most innovative solutions:
- Liberty Global (LGI), Altice Group, Dish-EchoStar have selected the newest anyCAST content security technologies, a range of disruptive new end-to-end content security solutions, complying with the most stringent Hollywood requirements for 4K Ultra HD content and structurally resilient to new forms of piracy;
- NET in Brazil, TBC in Taiwan have deployed NAGRA OpenTV5 in volumes, which forms the foundation for continuous innovation in consumer experience;
- Telefonica, Altice Group, KBRO in Taiwan, have implemented MediaLive Multiscreen, with the proven flexibility and scalability for a fast growing service now available to millions of users;
- StarHub in Singapore has selected NAGRA’s Professional Services for a turnkey migration of an entire TV headend without any service interruption in 2016;
- Mediaset in Italy has deployed new Innovative Wi-Fi Conditional Access Modules (CAM), bridging the quality of the TV experience and easiness of mobile devices to allow consumers to use Android or iOS devices to conveniently discover and view tens of thousands of VOD titles on any digital TV set.
NAGRA launched a number avant-garde projects, the most significant being NAGRA intuiTV, unveiled at CES 2016, a state-of-the art combination of a software platform and high-performance device, allowing consumers to intuitively discover and enjoy all content in one convenient place through an extraordinary ergonomic swipe-to-tune experience.
In emerging markets, solid growth has been driven by major projects including the following:
- The Hinduja Group in India launched with NAGRA one of the largest Headend-in-the-sky (HITS) platforms;
- Sat HD Regional service in Brazil have deployed NAGRA’s geo-control system allowing a dynamic regional service and advertising localization;
- VTV Cab in Vietnam launched a range of basic and advanced cable services based on NAGRA anyCAST and Conax Contego security.
Conax solutions have also been selected widely, major projects including the following:
- StarTimes in China deployed “Trusted Link” a media gateway solution to further enhance Direct-to-Home and Digital Terrestrial Television expansion;
- Nuevo Siglo in Uruguay selected CONAX Multiscreen OTT.