TalkTalk introduces TalkTalk TV StoreTuesday, April 26th, 2016
- Subscription-free service to stream, rent, buy and download the latest TV and movies
- Latest movies for £3.45 – Britain’s lowest price in comparison to Amazon Prime, iTunes, Sky and BT
TalkTalk has today unveiled the TalkTalk TV Store, its pay as you go service offering the latest movies and hit TV shows at Britain’s lowest price.
After acquiring film and TV streaming service blinkbox, the value for money provider has updated the platform to offer more than 7,000 of the latest and greatest movies and TV shows, all available on multiple devices.
The service is available to everyone – not just TalkTalk customers. Viewers can watch movies fresh from the cinema or popular TV shows such as The Walking Dead or Suits, as they choose. Whether it’s an episode at a time or the entire box set in one go, there is no long term commitment or need to have a set top box in order to get started.
While TalkTalk TV Store is open to everyone, existing TalkTalk customers are set to benefit the most. As part of TalkTalk’s continuing efforts to make things simpler and more intuitive, those who already take TalkTalk can rent or buy a show on their home TV then switch to a mobile device to watch the same show.
Viewers will be able to register up to five devices to their account, and watch one film or programme on their TalkTalk TV while streaming or downloading another on a different device. Additionally, existing TalkTalk customers can access the new service by simply using their TalkTalk log-in details, meaning no need to create another account or provide credit card details. At the end of the month, any purchases will be added directly to their monthly bill.
Aleks Habdank of TalkTalk TV, said: “The launch of TalkTalk TV Store is an exciting step forward in our mission to offer the best film and TV content at Britain’s lowest price. It’s all about choice and flexibility – you can opt for anything from Star Wars to Game of Thrones, only pay for what you watch, and switch easily between devices.
“It puts you back in control, as you can enjoy all the shows and movies you love on your own terms.”
Key features of TalkTalk TV Store:
- Watch films, individual TV shows or entire series on different devices including: desktops, laptops, Apple (iOS8+), Android (OS 4+) Windows (8.1+) smartphones and tablets, LG and Samsung (2012+) Smart TVs and Google Chromecast
- Watch on your TalkTalk TV box and another device at the same time
- Download content to watch when offline – in and out of the home
- Available to all TalkTalk customers, including those without a TV package
- Anything bought or rented through TalkTalk TV Store will be added to existing customers’ TalkTalk bill
- Customers can register up to five devices per account
There will be no changes to the service for former blinkbox customers and personal digital libraries continue to remain the same.