Singtel launches OTT video portal appThursday, July 7th, 2016
Singtel expands content suite with launch of Cast OTT video portal app
- Singapore’s first OTT video portal app will offer Viu Premium, Kids, Asian and Hallyu content packs
SINGAPORE — Singtel today announced a brand new way for consumers to enjoy their favourite entertainment on-the-go with the launch of Cast, Singapore’s first OTT video portal app. Cast will offer thousands of hours of exciting movies, dramas, variety shows and kids’ edutainment from partners such as top content providers Viu and Nickelodeon, delivered on Singtel’s extensive 4G network.
Singtel Mobile postpaid customers can choose from four content packs of different genres at launch. Each pack is priced at S$4.90/month and customers can opt for a special 1GB data add-on for just S$3 more per month.
Mr Goh Seow Eng, Managing Director of Home at Consumer Singapore, Singtel, said, “Our customers are huge fans of entertainment on-the-go and we know that they want greater flexibility with what they watch and also when and how they watch it. With Cast, there is entertainment for everyone and the flexibility and freedom to enjoy it anywhere, anytime. Customers can have the latest Korean dramas, Chinese soap operas, Taiwanese variety shows and kids’ edutainment at their fingertips and at a great price. Mundane daily commutes will soon be a thing of the past.”
He added, “We are forging ahead in the OTT space through more strategic partnerships with strong content providers such as Viu and Nickelodeon. We look forward to partnering more top content providers to offer an ever-growing selection on Cast that will give our customers greater choice and the best entertainment experience.”
Cast subscribers will enjoy:
- Instant access to Full HD episodes or downloads to watch offline with the ‘Watch Now’ and ‘Download’ functions
- Uninterrupted streaming on Singtel’s high-speed, extensive 4G network or any WiFi connection
- Convenience of paying for their subscriptions through their monthly Singtel bill
At launch, Cast will offer four content packs – Viu Premium, Kids, Asian Hits and Hallyu:
- Viu Premium – Offers the widest range of the latest Korean drama and variety shows such as Uncontrollably Fond, King of Mask Singer and Oh My Baby, as well as the latest Japanese dramas such as Love Song.
By signing up for Viu Premium from Cast, subscribers can access exclusive features such as priority viewing with English and Chinese subtitles as fast as eight hours after initial telecast in Korea, unlimited downloads, uninterrupted viewing and multi-synchronisation across PC, tablet and mobile phone.
- Kids Pack – Features the Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. channels along with popular programmes such as Dora the Explorer, SpongeBob SquarePants, PAW Patrol, Shimmer & Shine, and more at launch.
- Asian Hits Pack – Features up to 1,000 hours of popular hit movies, entertainment and drama series from Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China in their original languages, including blockbusters Helios and Mr Unbelievable, variety shows Are You Hokkien?, The Voice of Taiwan, Chef Nic and hit drama series Once Upon A Song, Legend of Mi Yue, Taste of Love, and The Legend of S.
- Hallyu Pack – Offers the best of Korean entertainment from top Korean broadcasters on popular channels ONE, Oh!K and KBS World such as highly-anticipated drama series Doctors, W and Uncontrollably Fond within 24 hours of Korean telecast and all-time variety show favourites like Running Man, Infinite Challenge and Return Of Superman.
Customers can subscribe to Cast via the My Singtel app and download Cast from the App Store for Apple iOS devices and Google Play Store for Android devices.
 Offline viewing is only available for selected content at launch.