ADB to launch graphyne2 pay-TV platform at IBCWednesday, July 13th, 2016
ADB launches graphyne2 platform – a new immersive pay-TV solution for broadcast and online video
- graphyne2 enables pay-TV and OTT operators to deliver value-added services with personalised user interfaces and second-screen apps
- Cloud based middleware harmonizes the UX across all screens, easing content search and enabling flexible viewing across devices
- IBC 2016 will see the debut of the new end-to-end software platform, drawing on ADB’s 20 year heritage of pioneering innovation in pay-TV
GENEVA, Switzerland – Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB), a leading provider of solutions and services for media convergence, today announces that visitors to IBC 2016 will have the opportunity to see the public debut of its next-generation, end-to-end personal TV software platform, graphyne2.
The launch extends ADB’s portfolio of Connected Solutions with a next-generation TV software platform that drives fast, easy and risk free deployment of value-added services with no upfront investment. The IBC debut of ADB’s new platform will show how graphyne2 enables both pay-TV and OTT operators to deliver personalised user interfaces and second-screen applications, allowing consumers to quickly and easily browse and select content and services.
“We are proud to announce the launch of the new graphyne2 platform, which has been built on 20 years of continuous development serving cable, satellite, IPTV and new OTT service providers. The new platform leverages our deep expertise in software design to deliver a cloud-optimised solution for next-generation pay-TV and OTT,” said Peter Balchin, CEO of ADB.
“The multi-device, internet enabled world offers an opportunity for pay-TV operators to break out of traditional subscription and advertising led business models and explore new options that mix premium and free services. Built on a stable and proven platform, graphyne2 allows rapid deployment of such value-added services to meet consumer demands and drive revenue and loyalty. With graphyne2, our customers can deploy an advanced yet streamlined solution that gives them the tools to create truly unique user experiences and build deep relationships with consumers across multiple devices.”
The new graphyne2 platform is a feature-rich client device and backend software suite, which provides a fully personalized, intuitive and user-friendly UX, enabling quick and easy access to the content viewers desire. The next-generation suite is a standards-based platform, which is both open and modular, providing the components required to achieve a ‘one-stop-solution’ that allows customers to go to market extremely quickly. Additionally, through well-defined interfaces, operators can deploy graphyne2 alongside various components from existing pay-TV ecosystems.
Key features include:
- Cloud based middleware – harmonising the user experience across all screens, enabling personalised and portable, flexible viewing across devices
- Multiscreen design – which goes beyond IT functionality to mirror consumer instincts, so that operators provide the right services on the right screen
- New immersive and flexible UX – with comprehensive personal recommendations at its core, helping the consumer to find the most relevant content
- Comprehensive CRM capabilities – enabling new revenue drivers such as advertising insertion and targeted marketing.
To experience graphyne2 at IBC 2016, make sure to visit ADB in Hall 5, on stand 5.B60.