904,000 Freesat TVs and set-top boxes sold in UKThursday, May 25th, 2017
Freesat Celebrates a Strong Performance
- 90% growth in sales of devices
- 904,000 TVs and set-top boxes sold, a 90% uplift year on year
- Number of homes with Freesat now over two million
- Total app downloads now over 800,000
- TV partnerships drive growth
Freesat, the free television platform, today announces strong growth in the twelve months to 30 March 2017, with 904,000 devices sold – an increase of 90% year on year – benefiting from the continuing popularity of smart and UHD televisions.
Freesat’s customer base continues to thrive with 58,000 new homes added over the course of the financial year. This brings the total number of Freesat homes to over two million, as increasing numbers of customers look to cancel their expensive pay-TV contracts in favour of Freesat’s flexible, subscription-free offering.