castLabs multi-DRM integrated with Norigin Media's TV hosting platformWednesday, August 30th, 2017
Norigin Media and castLabs integration offers multi-DRM on the Cloudncoder linear TV hosting platform for premium TV streaming services
OSLO — Norigin Media, a Scandinavian OTT company with Linear TV hosting and TV Apps products, today unveils a collaboration with castLabs, a global partner in premium digital video technology, offering a ready-to-use linear-TV value chain for streaming service operators.
Utilizing Norigin Media’s live TV transcoding platform Cloudncoder and castLabs’ multi-DRM License Delivery Network DRMtoday, cable and Pay TV operators can realize value chain migration to the cloud with ease for multi-screen delivery. The operations and service levels available along with flexible business models make this a competitive product within the OTT space.
Norigin Media´s CEO, Ajey Anand comments “Cloudncoder hosts only premium services where encryption is key for all the linear content we operate with. It is also important to follow the multitude of streaming devices, which are able to decrypt such content without complicated player integrations. This relationship with castLabs and Norigin will spread across both our Cloudncoder and TV Apps business units, which I am sure will be welcomed by the industry.”
Operators can order channels with defined Transcoded profiles, packaged with DRMtoday across both HLS and MPEG-DASH streams. Such requirements can be served to any CDN chosen for the solution or multiple such CDNs for optimal delivery.
With this partnership with DRMtoday & Cloudncoder are formidable partners that can offer an entire premium cloud architecture:
- castLabs’ multi-DRMLicense Delivery Network (LDN) DRMtoday, enables content protection across all screens through a single integration
- Cloudncoder offers hosting and managed services for premium linear channels that have additional requirements such as DRM, catch-up and DVR. The platform has access to downlink most European satellite feeds and is pre-integrated to CDNs.
- Tested and broadcast grade integration which are ready to be implemented on linear channels for cable companies, broadcasters and pay-tv operators
- A complete backend for license authorization based on the libraries provided by castLabs.
- A simple hosting business model for linear channels which is fixed and based on per channel per month
- Operators can order channels with defined Transcoded profiles, packaged with DRMtoday across both HLS and MPEG-DASH streams. Such requirements can be served to any CDN chosen for the solution or multiple such CDNs for optimal delivery.
Norigin Media and castLabs will both be exhibiting and offering demonstrations of their full range of streaming technologies at IBC 2017 in Amsterdam between September 15-19th. Don’t delay in booking your meeting with castLabs or Norigin Media today.