Kaltura commits to 99.995% availability for its Cloud TV serviceWednesday, September 6th, 2017
Kaltura First In The Industry To Commit To 99.995% Availability of its Cloud TV Service Across All Devices
- Kaltura helps customers power their cloud TV transformation with TV platform enhancements; integration with over 50 ecosystem partners, and seamless migration of legacy TV platforms
NEW YORK, NY — Kaltura, the leading video technology provider, today announced several enhancements to the company’s Cloud TV Platform. As traditional TV undergoes a transformation, shifting from legacy broadcasts to IP-based TV, more companies are embarking on the journey to establishing their own full-fledged cloud TV offering.
The new release of the Kaltura TV Platform ensures 99.995% availability for live and VOD TV viewing across all devices – first in the industry to commit to this level of service, Kaltura is well positioned to provide IP based cloud-scale TV solutions to large operators and media companies worldwide. Kaltura has also invested heavily in the modularity of its platform, allowing customers to experiment with a range of business models, and other features and functionality, on their journey to finding the optimal TV solution for their needs. The platform’s flexibility also enables Kaltura to integrate with legacy TV platforms and migrate them to a hybrid cloud solution so that customers can still benefit from their previous investment in STBs and infrastructure while moving to the cloud. And finally, the latest Kaltura TV Platform release includes a slew of features geared towards end-user personalization, and enabling operators to market to and reach their users in a more targeted, user-specific way.
“The TV viewing experience is literally changing before our eyes,” stated Shay David, Co-founder, President and General Manager of Media and Telecom at Kaltura. “Kaltura provides customers with cloud-scale TV services, with market-leading availability of “four and a half 9’s”, along with full flexibility to offer a variety of end-user experiences, all managed in a single platform, which can seamlessly integrate with legacy STBs and platforms that have been heavily invested in.”
David continued: “As large-scale live TV events are increasingly streamed over the Internet, operators simply can’t afford any glitches – just imagine experiencing buffering just before the final goal of a football match. Kaltura sets your mind at ease. With our tier-1 global deployments and market-leading technology platform, Kaltura is uniquely positioned to guide customers along their cloud TV transformation.”
Additional enhancements to Kaltura’s TV Platform include:
- Marketing Campaign and Coupon Engine – Operators can now upsell new TV products and special offers to their customers through a dynamic coupon campaign engine.
- Personalization based on user interests –Users can select their favorite content, and as a result, enjoy a more personalized service with more relevant content. Users will even with receive notifications when new content that matches their specific interests becomes available. This is especially beneficial to increase user engagement in Sports, where users can ‘favorite’ their teams, players and leagues.
- Churn prevention capabilities – operators have a full toolkit to help prevent churn. Kaltura’s system proactively measures user “happiness scores”, and churn predictability – service providers can then send out notifications and create dedicated marketing campaigns, including configurable discounts and coupon codes.
- Search Enhancements such as Search history, which enhances the Kaltura search experience by allowing end users to retrieve previously searched queries for fast lookups; as well as Soundex search, which improves the search experience by adding language based soundex capabilities, enables “fuzzy” search queries with spelling errors, alternate spelling or synonyms to the actual searched term.