Activation Suite creates ad targets from comScore behavioral dataWednesday, September 27th, 2017
comScore Launches Activation Solution Suite to Improve Audience Targeting and Advertising Relevance Using TV, Digital and Cross-Platform Data
- Solution Closes the ‘Planning, Activation and Measurement’ Loop by Bringing Advertisers and Media Companies Consistent Data Throughout the Advertising Cycle to Drive Better Outcomes
RESTON, VA — comScore today announced the launch of Activation, a new product suite that helps advertisers, agencies and media companies efficiently reach the right audiences at the right time while ensuring ad delivery in relevant and brand safe content. With Activation, clients use the same trusted data from comScore’s planning and measurement products to create scalable audience segments, which are easily deployed in client-owned or third-party advertising platforms. comScore Activation is currently available in more than 15 leading ad tech platforms, including Adobe, AppNexus, Centro, Salesforce, Tru Optik and Videology.
Early customers are already using Activation to create demographic and advanced audience targets based on comScore’s TV, over-the-top, digital and cross-platform behavioral data. Using digital demographic targets from Activation, they are seeing significant improvements in in-target campaign delivery rates. Clients can also ensure quality delivery through Activation’s leading contextual and verification technology that accounts for brand safety, viewability and invalid traffic.
“The media industry is moving in the direction of advanced audience segmentation and more intelligent, quality campaign delivery,” said Dan Hess, executive vice president of products at comScore. “comScore Activation provides our clients with a number of ways to find and activate their most valuable audience segments based on consumers’ behaviors across all platforms as well as to ensure ads will be delivered in quality, brand safe environments. This allows them to extract greater value out of the advertising ecosystem and drive stronger ROI.”
With this solution, advertisers are executing TV retargeting campaigns by segmenting audiences based on TV campaign exposure to strategically extend reach to unexposed audiences online. They are also retargeting exposed audiences across desktop and mobile to achieve frequency goals, often at a lower CPM. Many are also creating lookalike models to grow their customer base and deliver messaging they know will resonate. Additional use cases are included below.
The comScore Activation Advantage
comScore Activation was developed to address four core data activation needs:
- Scale: Activation is powered by comScore’s massive data footprint, which consists of behavioral data across desktop, mobile and TV audiences.
- Precision: A combination of big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning assets allow granular targets to be created so clients can precisely reach audiences with confidence.
- Quality: A contextual engine based on proprietary pattern-profiling methodology allows clients to add page-level relevance and brand safety analysis to their campaign delivery with levels of precision and scale other semantic and keyword approaches cannot provide.
- Neutrality: Committed to neutrality, comScore Activation is available to clients on a direct basis or for use in programmatic buying platforms, but comScore does not engage in any targeting, buying or selling of media.
comScore Activation Use Cases for Media Buyers and Sellers
Below are just several examples of ways media buyers and sellers have already leveraged comScore Activation:
- Extend existing target audiences by applying characteristics and interests via lookalike modeling to increase scale and brand exposure.
- Fine-tune audience targeting with customizable behavioral- and interest-based segments to connect with customers via highly tailored campaigns.
- Protect brand and budget by delivering to viewable and brand-safe pages leveraging precise page-level content attributes that include pre-bid viewability and IVT attributes.
- Meet demanding campaign guarantees with higher in-target demographic delivery leveraging the same trusted audience measurement technology found in flagship comScore solutions.
- Create unique inventory packages across sites and sections that leverage granular and highly customizable content categories and audience interests.
- Earn higher CPMs for premium segments by selling inventory that is brand safe, viewable and free from fraud.